Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in South Tipp

Options
  • 02-04-2012 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for broadband providers in the countryside between Cahir and Mitchelstown.

I currently have Three and it's a pure and utter heap of sh!te. I cannot express my frustration with it.

I know of Bill Fitzgerald (Munster Wireless) in Cahir, does anyone have any experience with him? I've heard of some other local crowd as well, but they're impossible to contact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Hi,
    I have the same problem. I could couldn't get broadband and had to settle for midband 3 crap. I can only use it in the morning and late at night!.

If you have line of sight of the Galtee mountains try http://ruralbroadband.ie/
    They are a west Cork based company so it might take a while for them to call out(about 4 months for me). They will do a free test at your house to see what signal you have.
    Their T&C's look to be OK as well.

I assume you cant get eircom or that they can only offer 1MB and a cap of 30gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

I think Premier is available in Cahir though its line of sight too. http://www.premierbroadband.net

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

I was with 3 was a pure disaster, changed to Vodafone havent looked back since

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Thanks lads.

@clansman
    That's actually the crowd I was talking about. A neighbour of ours is with them and they find them very hard to contact if they ever have a query. We've tried contacting them and no luck either. Might try again soon.

@chris2008x
    Thanks. They're packages are a bit pricy for what you get IMO.

@DaveJac
    Where abouts near Cahir are you living? Vodafone is the best (by far) mobile provider in my area. When we signed up to with Three, Three had the fastest mobile internet. I'm not sure if there is a difference now...

I must find out when our contract with Three is supposed to be finished. According to a letter from Eircom, the whole country is supposed to have fixed line broadband by the end of the year. I'm not sure how true/realistic that is, given that they're €2bn in debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Decryptor wrote: »

According to a letter from Eircom, the whole country is supposed to have fixed line broadband by the end of the year. I'm not sure how true/realistic that is, given that they're €2bn in debt.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. A little over ten years ago Eircom said there was no demand for broadband. Now they're saying everyone will have fixed line broadband???? What a ****in joke. Got rid of the landline partly to stop being contacted by Eircom and the likes offering me broadband packages, even though it was, and still is, not available. Even if Eircom were not in debt, I couldn't see them bringing broadband to me. Chancers

I think the only reasonable way to get broadband, without a lot of restrictions is with a wireless ISP. You'll have to contact them to find out if it is available to you. The only two I can think of just now, is premierbroadband and munster wireless, which have already been mentioned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement