Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fixed penalty notice

Options
  • 02-04-2012 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

folks i got a fixed penalty notice in post today was supposedly caught doin 90kph but the area is aske gorey co wexford to which i know to be 100kph as i'm in that area every week with work, how do i appeal this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Clearly the limit must be right and you're misinformed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Does it not explain how to appeal on the letter ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

michellie wrote: »
    Does it not explain how to appeal on the letter ?
    nope but defo gonna ring tomorrow when the garda office is open, just boardsie's know everything ya know and would be the first place i'd get advice out of office hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

If you can you'd be better off going into the garda station and if you can, try print off a google map of the road you were caught on, see if you can get a picture with a speed limit sign in it.

If you can you'd be better off going into the garda station and if you can, try print off a google map of the road you were caught on, see if you can get a picture with a speed limit sign in it.
    am in that area tomorrow for work so will get it then!!! twas the gatso that caught me though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

am in that area tomorrow for work so will get it then!!! twas the gatso that caught me though

Well if you can pin point the area the gatso was in and get a pic, I mean, what can they do but admit they were wrong? I don't know the area at all so just taking your word that the stretch you were on is 100kph and you were doing 90kph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Checked on google maps the speed limit is 60 then go's to 100 within 200 meters of the other sign this is where the speed van parks after checking irishspeedtraps.com I see this the whole time when driving to Newross around the point leaving ferrybank after you go from 50 - 60 - 80 the van parks in the middle of that area not leaving much of a gap to slow down

its some pain in the testicles i tells ya, and found out this morning at work why i got done is cos trucks are meant to be doin 80kph but why feckin restrict em to 90kph it baffles me

Advertisement