Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbors servicing car on road = oil leak

Options
  • 02-04-2012 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Looking for some advise
    Cut a long story short but my dear neighbors are constantly servicing their cars parked on the main road, in front of their house.
    Surprise, last week job ended up with an oil leak , so now there's oil on the road.
    They have tried washing it and flushing it down the street drain, but no joy , so have now put top soil in an effort to hide it. The smell is quite bad when it's sunny [ can smell the oil .. ]
    Tonight, they were moving diesel around between 2 cars and there's a petrol stain on the road.
    Really fed up with this crowd .. this is a residential area, not a mechanics garage :mad:
    Is this something the Fingal Coco environment would entertain ?
    Thanks,
    Vic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You would be best asking Fingal Co Co to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I can't recall the name but there is a product available at some hardware shops for removing oil from surfaces. I recall my neighbour using it with fairly good effect following a spill on his driveway.
    Vico1612 wrote: »
    Tonight, they were moving diesel around between 2 cars and there's a petrol stain on the road
    Can't have been the deisel then! :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

You might get in trouble yourself for washing the oil down the drain :eek:
    Better of not touching it and inform the CC leave it up to them to clean it or to get your neighbors to do it.

OOPS my mistake they will get in trouble for washing it down the drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

fergal.b wrote: »
    Better of not touching it and inform the CC leave it up to them to clean it or to get your neighbors to do it.
    The OP didn't!
    Vico1612 wrote: »
    They have tried washing it and flushing it down the street drain,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

fergal.b wrote: »

OP said the neighbours tried to wash it down the drain.

OP have you tried saying it to them? I personally would, before going to the council. You do have to live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Washing powder and a brush is pretty good at removing oil stains. How much did they spill, are we talking litres here?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Jimdagym wrote: »
    OP said the neighbours tried to wash it down the drain.

OP have you tried saying it to them? I personally would, before going to the council. You do have to live there.

Tried but they use the good old ' Sorryyyy me no speak English :mad: '
    Anyway they have tried cleaning it up .. still not the best but a step forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Laziness tbh. Spilled oil is easily cleaned up. I service my car in front of my house and always clean up any drips I leave behind.

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_160244_langId_-1_categoryId_212538

Even just boiling water moves it. Coca-Cola is a little trick aswell. Baking Soda & Vinegar. Loads of household trick to move it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Let Fingal know. Oil down drains is a no-no, as it causes problems for sewage treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 s.o.c.k

this is what i call a first world problem - in fairnes WGAF

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

s.o.c.k, reviving an old thread in order to be rude is against the forum charter. You have received an infraction.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement