Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Look not accepting student cards..

• 02-04-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

....anymore. Since last week apparently :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh well, it's gone to shite in there anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I wonder if their UK stores are? Either way, not surprising. Retail is doing unbelievably bad, worse than previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

What?! I was in there today, didn't buy anything but they had the student discount notices up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Last time I was in there (early last week) they had about 20 "get your 10% student discount here!" signs around the store! Not bothered that it's gone as their clothes are pretty crap now (both the quality and design)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Well on their website, it says that they are still accepting them. (It doesn't specify Ireland, but at the same time it doesn't say UK only) Student Discount I used my card about 2 weeks ago, no problems. It was the NL in Jervis Shopping Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Actually it does say student discounts are valid in ROI. I'm blind!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Well I am only going on what I was told today when I presented my student card at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkballetdance

I was there the other day in Jervis and they accepted it, I know lots of shops don't accept a college ID if it doesn't have an expiry date on it. Like for lots of public transport aswell. But they should definatly accept a student travel card cos its "valid". However it was actually my NUIG ID I used which has no expiry date on it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I was there the other day in Jervis and they accepted it, I know lots of shops don't accept a college ID if it doesn't have an expiry date on it. Like for lots of public transport aswell. But they should definatly accept a student travel card cos its "valid". However it was actually my NUIG ID I used which has no expiry date on it.

New look stopped accepting travel cards years ago, from my experience anyway but they have never turned down my NUIM card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Most of the things they sell these days is awful cheap tacky stuff though

• Advertisement
Advertisement