Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish Christian Rock/Metal Bands?

• 02-04-2012 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

BEFORE YOU POST! I don't want this to turn into a religious debate, nor do I want trolls, just people who are interested in helping me out =)

Are there any Irish Christian hard rock/metal bands? My brothers and I have a hard rock band and we think that it'd be cool to join in with other Christian rock/metal bands.

Know of anyone? =)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

chin_grin wrote: »
    Then why narrow your search to include only Christian rock bands? Are you not 'all inclusive' and loving of each and everyone being Christian n'all? :rolleyes:

Sure if anyone has anything to say against you, you could always forgive them.
    How about you, and anyone else thinking of posting on this thread, pay attention to what the thread starter wrote:
    I don't want this to turn into a religious debate, nor do I want trolls

Back on-topic, I don't think I've ever heard of any Irish Christian rock or metal bands.

chin_grin wrote: »
    What you should have done: Delete all posts, pm me about being off topic and then write your post about staying on topic without having to resort to picking on someone <snif> :P. I would've said 'ah right, only doing it for sh!ts and giggles'.
    Please don't backseat moderate. I didn't contact you by PM because leaving a post on the thread is going to discourage others for starting a religious debate "for the laugh" more than the absence of such a post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Dunno about Irish bands, but if you want some christian metal, have a look at unblack metal. Black metal sound with pro-Christian feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

There are no rock or metal bands in Ireland with Christian-politics or Christian themed lyrics, that i'm aware of. I saw a couple of videos from some Northern Ireland bands who were, they were acoustic rock sort of thing. Ages ago anyway. And they weren't very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Guitar_Monkey

BEFORE YOU POST! I don't want this to turn into a religious debate, nor do I want trolls, just people who are interested in helping me out =)

Are there any Irish Christian hard rock/metal bands? My brothers and I have a hard rock band and we think that it'd be cool to join in with other Christian rock/metal bands.

Know of anyone? =)

Havn't heard of any dude. Would be interested to know if there are any. Don't pay any notice to the trolls. If it's what you're into...go for it.
    There are plenty of good Christian rock and metal bands. Neal Morse, Trouble, Veni Domine, Virgin Black, Paramecium to name a few !

• Advertisement

Right, just so it's crystal clear:
    If you want to discuss the pros and cons of Christian rock/metal, debate what actually constitutes Christian rock/metal, post off-topic YouTube videos or otherwise move away from what the thread starter actually asked, please do so on another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I don't know of any Christian Rock/Metal groups, sorry, but there are plenty of non-Irish groups of that nature floating about if you want to broaden your search? I don't know any myself as I'm not a fan of that music, but there was a really cool site which was posted by one of the regulars about a year back (apologies lads, I forgot which one of you it was :o), called the Map Of Metal, and as far as I remember Christian Rock/Metal/Unblack Metal featured as genres on it. I can't be too sure as I don't have Flash as I'm using a smartphone.

Hope that helps, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Malice wrote: »
    Back on-topic, I don't think I've ever heard of any Irish Christian rock or metal bands.

Hold on a second, weren't U2 a Christian band originally?

Hold on a second, weren't U2 a Christian band originally?
    I didn't know that. Wikpedia has some information on the subject:
    The band's second album, October, was released in 1981 and contained overtly spiritual themes. During the album's recording sessions, Bono and The Edge considered quitting the band due to perceived spiritual conflicts. Bono, The Edge, and Mullen had joined a Christian group in Dublin called the "Shalom Fellowship", which led them to question the relationship between the Christian faith and the rock and roll lifestyle. Bono and The Edge took time off between tours and decided to leave Shalom in favour of continuing with the band.

In any case I don't think the thread starter's band will be joining them on a tour or a gig any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ithiliendude

Wow, this thread was popular in my absence... =D

Thanks to all who posted! I'm familiar with unblack metal, and I loooooooooove As I Lay Dying, August Burns Red and many other non-preachy Christian metal bands. I just was wondering if any existed in our little green isle.

An older member of my church was talking about a band that had 'invaded' their local pub and labelled itself as 'Christian Death Metal', and apparently they were Irish. The person who was telling me about it said the band needed two things: a hair cut, and a power cut, not necessarily in that order... =P

It got me thinking were they the only specimen of this rare breed to found in this country? Does anyone have the slightest inkling of who they might be?

I love metal, and I love being a Christian, and if I could find other like minded people it'd be AWESOME! XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 ToraGirl

These are not metal, but I found your site searching for something similar. Irish rock groups with Christian background and encouraging lyrics are U2, the Young Dubliners, and Hothouse Flowers. I am searching for more...

You might like Bluetree, too...but they're unapologetically Christian rock worship.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 edugiansante

Know of anyone? =)

I know this is an old thread but I'm totally interested in knowing of irish Christian bands.

In fact, I'd love to start one. I play drums and based in Dublin if anyone is up fo it.

Hello...you are just in time for the release of We Are Messengers' debut CD on April 22. They are touring with WinterJam (For King and Country and a host of others) in the US and Darren Mulligan is from Monaghan in N.Ireland. They moved to Nashville to make a start. Google them...I love them. Amazing! Very real lyrics, amazing harmonies...very unpredictable. "Everything Comes Alive" is climbing the charts right now. Also Rend Collective, but don't compare the two! Mulligan has a great interview on that subject...

Enjoy! I have been blessed to visit Ireland 2x, N. and Republic, and would LOVE to return, maybe seasonally/permanently one day. Hope this helps you some!

My earlier reply would be for listening and getting ideas, now that I see that you are IN one and want to connect with people locally...maybe Darren could give you some connections or pointers even though he is based in the States now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 edugiansante

ToraGirl wrote: »
    My earlier reply would be for listening and getting ideas, now that I see that you are IN one and want to connect with people locally...maybe Darren could give you some connections or pointers even though he is based in the States now.

cool thanks!

do you have his contact info?

Advertisement