Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing time the night before good Friday.

Options
  • 02-04-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Does anybody know if pubs are closing early on Thursday coming? It works out i'm off on Friday so I may go for a few cheeky pints :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

No drinks are allowed to be sold after 12 midnight afaik. The pubs will be open though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

12 on the nose. I think the Gardai are generally very fast to do checks as well.

The queues at off licenses always amuse me on Holy Thursday. You would swear it was armageddon :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

gimmick wrote: »
    12 on the nose. I think the Gardai are generally very fast to do checks as well.

The queues at off licenses always amuse me on Holy Thursday. You would swear it was armageddon :)

It's the biggest day of the year for off-licence sales!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

That and Christmas eve. I worked in Galvins Douglas years ago, and Christmas eve was insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

Generally stop serving at 11:30pm and everyone out by midnight.

Off-licenses close at 10pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Not worth your while heading out Holy Thursday, I remember I went out last year and they defo stopped serving at 11.30, on the other hand heard a rumour that places are open at midnight Good Friday, anyone know if there's any truth in this?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

newbee22 wrote: »
    Not worth your while heading out Holy Thursday, I remember I went out last year and they defo stopped serving at 11.30, on the other hand heard a rumour that places are open at midnight Good Friday, anyone know if there's any truth in this?!!

Happens more out in suburban/rural areas. Wouldn't be worth the time or money for any city bar to do it. They'd need a late license too as well as staff/bouncers etc.

Advertisement