Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed interior

Options
  • 02-04-2012 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I recently built my 15x10 wooden shed/workshop but what id like to do is maybe wall the inside of the shed with some possibly plywood or what would be my cheapest and best option for this? As i will want something that i can attach shelving etc too and hang tools. I would appreciate any advice

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

IanVW wrote: »
    I recently built my 15x10 wooden shed/workshop but what id like to do is maybe wall the inside of the shed with some possibly plywood or what would be my cheapest and best option for this? As i will want something that i can attach shelving etc too and hang tools. I would appreciate any advice

Cheers

Well chipboard would be cheaper but plywood would be a lot better to use. It will give a better fixture if your hanging anything heavy or loading shelves up with a good bit of weight

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Ian
    Insulate between uprights and and use 12mm OSB board. Mark the uprights on Osb for reference just in case you need tohang anyting heavy on wall.
    NW

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

OP - keep an eye on donedeal - and pick up some plywood on the cheap

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/buildingmaterials/3108380

keep the cost down.
    but 1/2 or 3/4 plywood is best long term

k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Panelling house or similar companies, cannot sell sheets of Ply, lamimated or raw, if they are chipped racked. Sometimes there is only chips at one of the corners

These are perfect for what u need, and ideal to make shelves in shed, these are generally thrown out or a fiver for an 8x 4 sheet

You willl end up with different colours , white, cherry etc, in a shed this is no issue

Once the structure of your shed is OK, you dont need WBP, Marine ply etc

If you know anyone ripping out an old kitchen, the units are perfect in a shed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Insulate between the uprights and use a vapour barrier if not already done.
    You want sheeting to screw into for shelf brackets etc so I'd use 18mm stuff and over. Ply is the optimal balance between cost and function but the meranti sheeted eastern stuff in every hardware shop is crap.
    All sheet goods absorb the light so think about painting it white !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Im going for 12mm shuttering plywood for this:)

Advertisement