Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will phone insurance cover a smashed screen?

Options
  • 02-04-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

i just dropped my htc sensation xl for first time and the screen smashed :eek:
    im with meteor and have cpp insurance, does anyone know how it works? or how long i will be without a phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭kaneda187

Im in the same situation, sat on my Galaxy Nexus and the screen has cracked.

Is this covered?

Do I just get a straingt swap or will it be sent for repair?

Do I contact meteor or CPP? or both?

Any advice would be great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Contact CPP. Not meteor

Probably repaired under insurance

What would happen if I "lost" my phone and reported it? I just don't like the thought of being without my phone for an extended period of time.
    Contact CPP. Not meteor

Probably repaired under insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

cpp is so slow getting very annoyed with them now

just got a call from the crowd that supplys cpp, my phone should have been here last week and they just now ring me to tell me there not in stock and they can offer me the htc exployer or htc XE and a memory card to boost it up to the same memory as mine, id prefer the htc one x but they dont do them. il have to still wait another 5 working days for it.

• Advertisement

shot2go wrote: »
    just got a call from the crowd that supplys cpp, my phone should have been here last week and they just now ring me to tell me there not in stock and they can offer me the htc exployer or htc XE and a memory card to boost it up to the same memory as mine, id prefer the htc one x but they dont do them. il have to still wait another 5 working days for it.

HTC Explorer is a pretty big LOL offer. Seeing as its the lowest end Android handset from HTC you can get.

HTC Sensation XE is a pretty good offer though. You would keep your Beats integration and get a memory card to boost it to the same size. XE has also better specs over the XL.

Seeing as the XL was sort of a higher-mid range handset with a high end price tag I wouldnt really be expecting the One X, thought it would be nice :)

i wish i had waited for the one to come out, ah well il see how the XE does, just a PITA having to wait so long for new phone, i dropped it the 2nd contacted them as soon as they opened the 3rd, filled out forms and emailed them back to them, they rang me the 7th and i paid the excess and im still waiting on phone, it says on the forms and there website most customers receive there new phones within 2 working days, its not cpp fault though its whoever supply's the phones for them. il have to get a new cover too for this phone, hope there not as hard to get as the XL cover

I have paid the excess and now I play the waiting game, hopefully not too long...getting sick of my slow HTC Legend can't wait to get my G Nexus back!

Already ordered a case and screen protector...lesson learned!

i wish i had waited for the one to come out, ah well il see how the XE does, just a PITA having to wait so long for new phone, i dropped it the 2nd contacted them as soon as they opened the 3rd, filled out forms and emailed them back to them, they rang me the 7th and i paid the excess and im still waiting on phone, it says on the forms and there website most customers receive there new phones within 2 working days, its not cpp fault though its whoever supply's the phones for them. il have to get a new cover too for this phone, hope there not as hard to get as the XL cover

Sensation and Sensation XE are identical. Its not hard to get covers for them in the shops. Its hard to get an extremely nice cover for them in the shops. All of them seem to just stock play boring gray or black covers.

There not identical, and it is hard I have tried a lot off phone shops in Galway today and no luck getting a new phone cover, when I got the xl first not one phoneshop in Galway had a cover for it and even now the phone stalls in Eyre square is the only place that has them. A plain cover would do me and if anyone can tell
    me where to get one in Galway that would be great.

• Advertisement

There not identical, and it is hard I have tried a lot off phone shops in Galway today and no luck getting a new phone cover, when I got the xl first not one phoneshop in Galway had a cover for it and even now the phone stalls in Eyre square is the only place that has them. A plain cover would do me and if anyone can tell
    me where to get one in Galway that would be great.

The XL identical , normal Sensation and Sensation XE are identical :) Even hardware wise :)

phone arrived yesterday finally and i hate it, only 2gb internal memory and its alot smaller then the XL. the screen seems less sensitive to type too. have to press the same button a few times. going to try sell it and get the XL or ONE X

Advertisement