Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland 3rd level or Standard Account

Options
  • 02-04-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

So some woman called me today about updating my account from 2nd level.
    The thing is I'm not sure if she got that I am in college so I'm wondering is it much bother going to the bank and confirm that my account is now 3rd level or should I just leave it the way it is.
    What is different between either of them?
    I don't do overdraft so I don't care. Do they charge me for using atm? Printing statement?
    Any info would be nice. Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,914 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You could either ring them or call in to your local branch to confirm that the account is now a 3rd level account. There are fees and charges on the standard current account, whereas 3rd level students get free banking. They may look for proof that you're attending college, so be sure and bring your student ID with you.

Advertisement