Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road in Castlebar, Mayo to be renamed after Padraig Flynn

• 02-04-2012 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

What can I say, I am dumbfounded after reading this today. Its really embarrassing for castlebar and Mayo.

Road Renamed to Honour Padraig Flynn
    1, Apr 2012 - 09:48

Email this article
    Printer friendly page
    Castlebar Town Council decided in a controversial vote on Friday to rename Sir Ernst Chain Road in Castlebar. There has been controversy over the naming of this road after an English ‘Sir' who had little to do with Castlebar. The decision to remove the name plate from the link road that runs from Moneen to the Airport between Baxter and McHale Park was made by a 6 to 3 majority and was followed immediately a debate on whose name should now go on the road.

Finally agreement was reached with a 5 to 4 majority vote to honour Castlebar's most prominent road builder of recent decades. The roads into Castlebar - the N5 and the fine bypass that runs through the Lawn and the centre of the town are all due to the sterling efforts of Mr Padraig Flynn former Minister for Transport and subsequently EU Commissioner.

http://www.castlebar.ie/aprilfirst/Road-Renamed-to-Honour-Padraig-Flynn.shtml

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

In before Flynn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

"Sh1tebag Avenue"? It does have a certain ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The date on the article should be a clue....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Nodin wrote: »

Ah well spoted Nodin, just hope your right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

Nodin wrote: »

I realise now, I have reported to mods to ask them to delete it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Gangster Road. Parish pump at it's finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

MAYO FORRRR-UMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously... he probably fixed the road....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement