Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had a Reiki Session and didn't feel great afterwards!

• 02-04-2012 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I went for a Reiki session last week,I never had it done before. I know the Reiki master well. Felt really relaxed at the time but shortly after leaving my mood dropped and I felt extremely depressed for the following 24 hours! which certainly didn't help matters.I work as a Holistic Therapist and had a lot of clients the following day. I am over worked at the moment and very stressed so I don't know if this has contributed to how I felt but I really didn't feel any benefit and it has been a week now since the Reiki session. I would like to get some feedback from people who do this line of work..... does it take a few sessions before I would feel the benefit of this type of treatment.? I am not quite sure what I was expecting but I went in that day in a reasonably good mood and came home feeling terrible!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi Busy2Bee...
    It seems lke you were not "grounded" properly....And you were not told that you would have mood swings due to you clearing out old energy.

It never ceases to amaze Me why Reiki practitioners don't explain things to their clients.

My Wife is a fully qualified practitioner in this field,,and I can ask her to reply here if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭firedancer

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Hi Busy2Bee...
    It seems lke you were not "grounded" properly....And you were not told that you would have mood swings due to you clearing out old energy.

It never ceases to amaze Me why Reiki practitioners don't explain things to their clients.

My Wife is a fully qualified practitioner in this field,,and I can ask her to reply here if you like?

please do, I need energy clearing in a bad way!! Been looking around at best therapy for me to achieve this, would love to learn some more about this, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

firedancer wrote: »
    please do, I need energy clearing in a bad way!! Been looking around at best therapy for me to achieve this, would love to learn some more about this, thank you

Hi Firedancer and Busybee,
    As a holistic practitioner and teacher I am always amazed at how many people who practice reiki or many other healing modalities fail to inform their clients correctly. To an emotional clear out is very common after a reiki treatment, but I am always cautious with whom I will let into my energy field. I ask questions of the practitioner. Your practitioner needs to be in a good frame of mind and not allow their personal issues to come in while working with someone.

To ground after a session the practitioner should've made sure you were correctly, energetically aligned and back in your physical body. To do this is a simple technique of placing palms on the soles of the feet and gently pulling the energy down through the body. I've been a Reiki Master for many years and teach my clients the basics of energy healing, as we are all capable of doing our own healing. To ground yourself if you feel a bit spaced out after a treatment simply bring your attention to your breath and take a few deep slow breaths into each of your chakras. Then imagine roots growing from the center of your feet pushing down into the earth and breathe up earth energy into your chakras before going on with your day. Hope this helps.

Love
    Angel Light
    x x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭firedancer

Angel Light,
    Thank you for your post.

I had a friend once who did a weekend of Reiki and set herself up as a practitioner immediately afterwards! We actually fell out over this, as I knew that this was basically conning people
    Is there a regulating body for Reiki healers? How can you know if somebody is genuinely qualified in this area? From what I have read, Reiki practitioners take many years to learn the practice and like life, the learning never ends.
    As somebody who has had a lifelong interest in healing therapies, where in the West would I find a place to learn more that is genuine, and without costing an arm and a leg I might add...

many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 busy2bee

Thanks for the reply's to the thread especially information given about what a client can experience after a session.
    I feel a bit like Firedancer that people can do weekend courses and set themselves up as Reiki healers after that which I think is a step to far! However this lady that did the Reiki Treatment on me has been a practitioner for over ten years and I figured she was better qualified and experienced than most. She didn't really explain any possible reactions to the treatment which she should have since she knew I needed to be balanced for my line of work!
    I am a Holistic therapist ( I don't do Reiki though) and feel in my own experiences of doing treatments that if don't ground myself everyday or do regular meditation that I can absorb a lot of unwanted energy off clients which affects my mood. I did try to ground myself after the treatment but nothing worked its like I had to go through it before my mood lifted. I had felt that the Reiki Healer wasn't in a great humour that day also so that didn't help.
    At the time I had the Reiki Session I was doing 6-7 treatments a day on clients and I was feeling exhausted both physically and mentally this could really have influenced my reaction to the treatment. Over the last week my mood has really lifted and I feel more balanced again however I don't feel that is a result of having Reiki!!! Personally I don't feel it was for me and I would be a bit reluctant to try it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Hi Busybee and Firedancer,
    I urge my own students and clients to always trust their own instincts on things and to respect those instincts. In my own experience it doesn't matter how long someone claims to be qualified in a certain area if they don't fully explain things to their clients. This puts the client at ease so they are more open to the benefit of the treatment.

I'm qualified in many areas, Reiki being one of them, however I haven't felt compelled to work with it in a year or two. I have concentrated on deeper work such as Shamanic studies as it has always called to me and I have given the best part of three years of my life to training in it and know that there are still many aspects to discover.

I always tell people to meet with the person you are going to for a treatment and this should be a free consultation that is of benefit to both practitioner and client. Very often people are motivated by the monetary gain rather than the client's best interests, so, as in all areas of healing, check out your practitioner.

Doing 6 or 7 treatments a day is a lot for the physical body to deal with so I feel your energy needed to be replenished. If you don't cleanse your aura very often then I would recommend you do this after a heavy day of healing. The healing vessile is no good to anyone if they don't look after themselves first. Do you work with your Guides or ancestors? These can be wonderful allies when you work and will protect your energy from intrusive energies that may try to put you off what you are doing. I love the work I do and could never picture me doing anything else.

One other point on practitioners is that any practitioner worth their salt knows not to bring their own emotions into their work even if they are in a bad mood they should leave it at the door of their healing room. It isn't very good practice or professional if they can't do that. After all the healing is about the client not the practitioner. Trust your instincts better and listen to them.

Love
    Angel Light
    x x x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shamanic Reiki Healing

hi sometimes the person how is working on the clients he open the space and he nerver close back the energy get suck form him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

hi sometimes the person how is working on the clients he open the space and he nerver close back the energy get suck form him :(

No offence intended here,,but could you clean up this post a bit??

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Shamanic Reiki Healing

yes:) what I mean is energy system

Advertisement