Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DECOY PRESENTS: DOC DANEEKA & BENJAMIN DAMAGE - 20th April

Options
  • 03-04-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

DECOY PRESENTS:
    DOC DANEEKA & BENJAMIN DAMAGE [50WEAPONS/ MONKEYTOWN]

Friday 20th April
    23:00 - 03:00
    The Academy Green Room
    Admission:€10/8 [Including access to Trainwreck in Basement]
    Support:
    Casper Hastings [B-Sides]
    Karl Murray [Lemonade]

Hot on the heels of releasing their debut album 'They!Live' on Modeselektor's 50 Weapons imprint we are delighted to announce the UK duo for Decoy. The album, born out of a great appreciation from label heads Modeselektor for their single Creeper, was produced over the past year in Berlin. The pair have since been making massive waves in the electronic musicscene of and have blurred the lines between House, Techno & UK Bass with tracks such as Creeper, Deaf Siren, No One & Juggernaut. They've also recently took the reigns for XLR8Rs Podcast to rave reviews

Resident Advisor describes 'They!Live' as "a lovely, highly listenable release, flowing effortlessly in a way that most house music albums can only hope for."

CREEPER:

NO ONE:

XLR8R PODCAST:
    http://www.xlr8r.com/podcast/2012/03/benjamin-damage-doc-daneeka

Post on the event wall for cheaplist entry of €8. https://www.facebook.com/events/340243916024316/

Trainwreck also takes place in The Academy Basement catering for all your Techno needs.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

:eek: what happened to the other venue man, was looking forward to it in there :P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I'm not sure to be honest.. All I know is that, with the exception of Strangeways, TINT, Housewerk and Provider, all Emeergence nights have moved to The Academy..

It's going to be a stomping night regardless of venue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

alot of people just dont like that venue its not enought to turn me off tho !!! ill miss the society :( decoy was great when it first started , now everyones jumpin on the bbc1 hype or what ever , dont take this the wrong way but i hope decoy doesnt turn into strangeways :P

Sorry man.. I've been so bloody busy over the last week and I forgot to reply to you...

It's just the natural progression of the dancefloor. People got their fill of bass now they want to dance a bit more. Nothing wrong with that. As for whether it'll become like strangeways that's a whole different matter. I'm sure people in the dank basement of traffic many years ago would have never thought that dubstep would be where it is today.

vcx9mt.jpg

We’ve got two pairs of tickets to give away for Doc Daneeka & Benjamin Damage tomorrow night in the Academy Green Room. Just follow the link and comment on the post with your name and we will pick the winners by lunchtime on Friday!

http://www.littlegreen.ie/music/win-tickets-to-doc-daneeka-benjamin-damage/

Good luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement