Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap lead or other dense metal

• 03-04-2012 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking to source around 20kg of lead or other metal in small pieces as I am racing karts this year and I need to meet the minimum weight requirements.
    Does anyone have any weights that I could use or point me in the right direction as to where to find them.

Thanks
    DJ

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

djayforza wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking to source around 20kg of lead or other metal in small pieces as I am racing karts this year and I need to meet the minimum weight requirements.
    Does anyone have any weights that I could use or point me in the right direction as to where to find them.

Thanks
    DJ

Any builders providers will sell you a roll of lead roof flashing for not alot of euros.

Easy to cut into strips and combine/mould to a specific shape for extra ballast.

Regards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

An example of such a place would be what? I'm not familiar with the building industry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

djayforza wrote: »
    An example of such a place would be what? I'm not familiar with the building industry.

Heiton Buckley Builders Providers
    Chadwicks Builders Providers
    Smiths Building Supplies
    Goodwins Builders Providers
    Grange Builders Providers
    Newtown Building Supplies
    PH Ross
    TJ O'Mahony..........................................and various others.

All sell to the public too.:)

Thanks for that, I'll do some digging tomorrow and see what I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rungmc

A roll of 6" lead weighs about 19 kg and costs about 60-70 euro. You can score it deeply with a stanley knife and it just tears off the roll, then you just roll it into shape.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, I got a number of a guy who supply's pre moulded lead for karting so I'm picking it up later. So I'm sorted thanks the help anyway.

Advertisement