Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

swap a touchscreen phone for a nokia e6

• 03-04-2012 12:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

hi, i am due an upgrade on meteor since January but all the phones they have available dont suit what i want. most are touchscreen and i want a qwerty keyboard.

i have a nokia e72 for the last 2 and a half years and i want a phone that does the same or better.

i need:
    qwerty keyboard,
    primary camera at least 5mp and a secondary camera for video calls,
    gps,
    a torch like the e72 would be nice,
    radio if possible,
    wifi and bluetooth.

the nokia e6 fits all the above but meteor or the carphone warehouse don't do it.

i can get any phone that meteor have as an upgrade to swap with someone for an e6 as long as its new (or in new condition) and is unlocked to all networks.

the phone i would get will be unlocked as i've managed to get all my phones unlocked by meteor straight away after i get them.

alternatively if anyone knows of a mobile shop that would do an e6, or even another e72, as an upgrade on meteor let me know, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Get most valuable upgrade you can
    2. Sell for as much as you can
    3. Use cash to buy what you want.

*4. Dont use regular boards for adverts crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

how do you get meteor to unlock your phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

dr ro wrote: »
    how do you get meteor to unlock your phone?
    You ring them up and ask. Not sure if you have to pay, and they might give you a bit of a run around or offer you a better deal for a while, but they'll do it eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

ED E wrote: »
    1. Get most valuable upgrade you can
    2. Sell for as much as you can
    3. Use cash to buy what you want.

*4. Dont use regular boards for adverts crap

i wasnt trying to advertise anything , i was also asking if anyone knew where i could get an e6 phone on an upgrade from meteor. do i ask one part of the post in adverts and the other in this section???

such crap.

in reply to dr ro i rang them up and told them that i regularly use foreign sim cards when i'm on business abroad, they usually him and haw for a bit but give me the unlock anyway. i'm signed up with them for 12 months anyway no matter what phone i'm using so its nothing to them.

Advertisement