Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week in Dublin

• 03-04-2012 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I have friends coming over to Dublin in a few weeks. I grew up in Dublin but have not been there in many years. My friends want to be brought to some touristy places in and around Dublin that are easy to get to through public transport. Has anybody any ideas on where to visit? They also want to experience what a person does in Dublin during their day? Whatever that means. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

to experience it , get them a sleeping bag , a mc donalds paper cup and sit them on the bridges for a few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Do the city on the Dublin bikes..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭suckmyloli

First of all don't mind that person about the sleeping bag, think they should just move if they don't like Dublin.

I'm the same position as you, my friends are coming over from Sweden I was born there but moved to Dublin when I was 10 so am a bit worried about what they will think is good?!

I'm gonna bring them on a bus tour around Dublin, and try to find a restaurant/pub with good Irish food. I'm also thinking of bringing them to Howth for some sea food. The Guinness brewery is a popular choice but the last time I took relatives there they didn't seem to impressed.

This might sound weird but when I go on holidays I like going to grocery shops just to see how they differ, and you mentioned your friends would like to see what people do in everyday Dublin. They cold have a look around Tescos there is one in Temple bar now or up in Parnell, sorry if it sounds silly just an idea.

good luck, :)

Advertisement