Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2nd Year Visa - wire transfer issue Toronto to Dublin

Options
  • 03-04-2012 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I came to Toronto Aug 2010 on 1 Yr USIT Visa, then I got my 2nd year 2011 Visa with IEC.
    I have heard alot of different things from people regarding eligibility for the 2nd IEC visa due to the 18months habitually residency rule. I am now here in Canada for over 18months. I went ahead and applied for the 2012 IEC visa anyway, in the hopes it might be accepted regardless. (I know one person in the same boat as me who was granted the 3rd year visa, so there is hope!)

I received my confirmation of receipt email Feb 23rd and then my conditional acceptance for Phase 1 with request for payment March 20th.

So far so good....

I am now worried about the international wire transfer. I have a friend who got sent home because they claimed her payment wasn't received. (she sent from TD and they never got a rejection/error, so to all intents it was fine from this side of the water) As I look around diff chat forums the participation fee process seems to be a problem for alot of people.

If anyone knows what the specific issue with the wire transfer is I'd be very grateful if they could share it!

is it the WTN being cut off in the end of the reference code? BOI transfers seem to only allow 16 characters in a transfer reference. I sent with BMO and they filled in all my information, name, purpose and WTN in the ref box. was that wrong?? you don't receive any notication that the transfer is received until they send the email advising yay or nay.

cheers,
    Troubled in Toronto!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

fox.dub wrote: »
    I came to Toronto Aug 2010 on 1 Yr USIT Visa, then I got my 2nd year 2011 Visa with IEC.
    I have heard alot of different things from people regarding eligibility for the 2nd IEC visa due to the 18months habitually residency rule. I am now here in Canada for over 18months. I went ahead and applied for the 2012 IEC visa anyway, in the hopes it might be accepted regardless. (I know one person in the same boat as me who was granted the 3rd year visa, so there is hope!)

I received my confirmation of receipt email Feb 23rd and then my conditional acceptance for Phase 1 with request for payment March 20th.

So far so good....

I am now worried about the international wire transfer. I have a friend who got sent home because they claimed her payment wasn't received. (she sent from TD and they never got a rejection/error, so to all intents it was fine from this side of the water) As I look around diff chat forums the participation fee process seems to be a problem for alot of people.

If anyone knows what the specific issue with the wire transfer is I'd be very grateful if they could share it!

is it the WTN being cut off in the end of the reference code? BOI transfers seem to only allow 16 characters in a transfer reference. I sent with BMO and they filled in all my information, name, purpose and WTN in the ref box. was that wrong?? you don't receive any notication that the transfer is received until they send the email advising yay or nay.

cheers,
    Troubled in Toronto!

We sent our wire transfer from TD in Canada on Monday. I know that the guy helping us put the full WTN with dashes into the ref line... definitely a bit stressed about it.. would be nice to know if it's gone through or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 fc04

lindzation wrote: »
    We sent our wire transfer from TD in Canada on Monday. I know that the guy helping us put the full WTN with dashes into the ref line... definitely a bit stressed about it.. would be nice to know if it's gone through or not![/QUOt

The problem is with the account the embassy has with aib in dublin the full ldn doesnt appear sometimes and the reference changes in their account so they dont know who its from but if you get your bank to trace it they match your payment that way. I was well stresed but eventually got the payment accepted so dont worry too much im sure it will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jemma24

Hi, I have received my conditional acceptance email for my 2nd year and need to complete the wire transfer. I am living in Canada and tried to do this through TD Canada Trust. They told me that I need the Account Name's (aka Canadian Embassy's) Address; city and country. I'm very confused because in the email they provide the bank's address so can anyone help me with this, is it the Canadian Embassy in Ireland or the one in London that we sent off our Visa to??

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭sheriff2

Jemma- seemingly you put the embassays uk address on it, its Grosvenor place or something.. Im just about to head to TD now to pay it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marzmurphy

fc04 wrote: »
    lindzation wrote: »
    We sent our wire transfer from TD in Canada on Monday. I know that the guy helping us put the full WTN with dashes into the ref line... definitely a bit stressed about it.. would be nice to know if it's gone through or not![/QUOt

The problem is with the account the embassy has with aib in dublin the full ldn doesnt appear sometimes and the reference changes in their account so they dont know who its from but if you get your bank to trace it they match your payment that way. I was well stresed but eventually got the payment accepted so dont worry too much im sure it will be fine.

Hi,

I am in the same boat here in vancouver. I made the payment 11 days ago and have not heard anything back from them in regards to payment received. Tomorrow is my last day in the 12day cut off for payment and Im worried now that my application will be rejected. When you say "get your bank to trace it" im not sure what that means? I have called them and they said as far as they know it went through. I have emailed my receipt to the IEC also but no reply. Can you let me know what I need to ask my bank to do ...or how long were you waiting to hear your visa has been passed to the second phase...is it just that they are not notifeying people within the 12 days....there has been lots of delays so far...

Thanks for any help or advise!

• Advertisement
Advertisement