Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 32 Captaincy poll.

• 03-04-2012 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭

I know its a little early but here goes. Some interesting options this week.

Who's the best option? 66 votes

Sigurdsson
    0%
    Cisse
    0%
    Sessegnon
    1%
    PopTarts 1 vote
    Bale
    0%
    Mata
    1%
    RoverHogan 1 vote
    Lampard
    0%
    Suarez
    0%
    Rooney
    1%
    ronan.h 1 vote
    Valencia
    51%
    T-b0n3Delboy5rock whorerorycMr MoonNalzcarlconbig_showGrid.FutureGuydahatmenoscemoAmiraniredarmytitan18DeviaABEasykennyb3MikeCork20098-10 34 votes
    Young
    33%
    LocoSkySterPWEIkeano_afcsmokingmanspartacus93gustafo[Deleted User]GLaDOSJuxtaposeFirst Explorermcw92rcottereJax Tellerthegreengoblincoronaextramanual_manTaytoCrispsDazzlerIESpaceCowb0y 22 votes
    RVP
    0%
    Walcott
    10%
    DempseyRoonboxShane732cup of teadaregoBlatteralchemist33 7 votes
    Balotelli
    0%
    Torres
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Young
    Got to be a United player imo

Now, to decide if I go for Rooney or Tony V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Young
    I think I'm gonna go with Dempsey again if the Pog is out injured. I know they're typically not great away from home, but it's Bolton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

valencia was amazing last night. he looks like the main attacking route for united.

arsenal city could be a goal fest though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Young
    Defo reckon it has to be a midfielder this week! The Untouchables(RVP & Rooney) who i cant bring myself to transfer out just arnt producing the goods lately!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Young
    Thinking Valencia myself

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Young
    Valencia could be a good differential as captain as most will probably choose Rooney.

RvP has a pretty good record against the big teams this year (and Liverpool). Hatrick against Chelsea, 2 against Pool, and goals in both games against United. He has looked a bit jaded recently though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Valencia
    Gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Walcott
    I reckon RVP will do a number on that ManC backline

Young
    Dempsey wrote: »
    I reckon RVP will do a number on that ManC backline

You've never failed me this far Dempsey. I'm counting on you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Valencia
    Has to be Rooney all the way this week...especially after starting out left midweek,he will be mad to get a goal or two v QPR so that Utd can go 8 clear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Valencia
    Has to be Rooney. Since the turn of the year, he's played 4 home games, scored twice in 2 of them, scored once in one and got two assists in the other. He's scored ALL of United's home goals for the last two months.

Valencia seems to do better in away games. His 3 double-figure scores of 2012 have all come away from home.

It's a no-brainer for me.

Young
    Has to be Rooney. Since the turn of the year, he's played 4 home games, scored twice in 2 of them, scored once in one and got two assists in the other. He's scored ALL of United's home goals for the last two months.

Valencia seems to do better in away games. His 3 double-figure scores of 2012 have all come away from home.

It's a no-brainer for me.

Some compelling stats there! Changed to Roon there. If Dempsey out scores him I'm blaming you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Valencia
    manual_man wrote: »
    Some compelling stats there! Changed to Roon there. If Dempsey out scores him I'm blaming you :p

<insert disclaimer here>

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Young
    the crazy person who voted for Torres could be onto something :eek: nobody will have him so could be a good way to gain ground

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

the crazy person who voted for Torres could be onto something :eek: nobody will have him so could be a good way to gain ground

don't do it! captaining torres over the last few years almost made me give up the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Young
    froog wrote: »
    don't do it! captaining torres over the last few years almost made me give up the game.

I have Rooney Rvp and adyeb up front so wouldn't get in Torres but he is starting to find form . I had Torres for 2 weeks at the start . Lesson learnt ! Rooney for me this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

i need to make ground up so from now till the end of season im going all out on differentials and im going for the number one heartbreaker-Luis Suarez. I need to make up 70 pts and doing off the bat stuff like that is only way plus thats how bad villa have been this year that i think liverpool will steamroll them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

70 points in 7 weeks with a DGW in there as well is manageable. Don't make silly mistakes. Let them do that. An awful lot of people will screw up with GWs 34 and 36. They'll try to field 11 in week 34 and then get hit again in week 36.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Walcott
    Balls out here - RVP. City are reeling. RVP is a big game player. QPR are high on confidence and I don't think they'll be hammered.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Balls out here - RVP. City are reeling. RVP is a big game player. QPR are high on confidence and I don't think they'll be hammered.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

City will have their first choice centre halves back,Arsenals fear of shooting bit them in the arse against QPR so it'll be a choice of either Rooney or Valencia for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Valencia
    Rooney for me.

Young
    switched it back to Dempsey. feck it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭smokingman

Young

Could be inspired, could horribly backfire.

Give that the guy ahead of me has Dempsey and I don't, I'm hoping for a backfire :D

Young
    smokingman wrote: »

Could be inspired, could horribly backfire.

Give that the guy ahead of me has Dempsey and I don't, I'm hoping for a backfire :D

Haha Dempsey has never failed me!

Looks like he's gonna start up front too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Valencia

I think Sa is fit so I wouldn't be surprised if he started up front with Diarra coming into midfield alongside Murphy with Dempsey-Dembele-Duff/Ruiz playing behind him.

Even if Dempsey does start up front, I don't really think it suits him. He can't make those late runs into the box that he's so good at. However I'm still playing him and I think he could score, but I wouldn't captain him.

Young

I think Sa is fit so I wouldn't be surprised if he started up front with Diarra coming into midfield alongside Murphy with Dempsey-Dembele-Duff/Ruiz playing behind him.

Even if Dempsey does start up front, I don't really think it suits him. He can't make those late runs into the box that he's so good at. However I'm still playing him and I think he could score, but I wouldn't captain him.

as your mentor and inspiration, I tell you to captain him

:pac:

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Young
    Bottling the Valencia captaincy and giving it to Rooney

Have a nagging feeling United will get a peno

Young
    DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Bottling the Valencia captaincy and giving it to Rooney

Have a nagging feeling United will get a peno

Man up...:pac:

I've put it on Tony V and im heading out early tomorrow so i cant change it!! I need to make up ground on the top 2 in my league and can bet they will captain either Rooney or RVP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Valencia
    Yeah Val is almost at 40% on this poll. Isn't a hope in hell of that many captaining him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

Young
    Went for Tony V myself.. all 4 around me in my league went for Rooney, need to take the points Tony!

Also he better start, i riskily put Gerrard as my Vice Captain as i was messing around and didnt change him..

Young
    Juxtapose wrote: »
    Went for Tony V myself.. all 4 around me in my league went for Rooney, need to take the points Tony!

Also he better start, i riskily put Gerrard as my Vice Captain as i was messing around and didnt change him..

Jayzis, im a liverpool fan and dont even have the balls to play around like that!! Cant see Valencia on the bench with the form hes in tho to be honest so id say your safe enough! Lets just hope he lives up to expectations and outscores Rooney!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement