Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So how different really are the sexes?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Zulu wrote: »
    There's like two girls on the interweb,

And one cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

There are some people though, who really buy into the social gender constructs, "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" type stuff.

I know some women whose only focus in life is getting married, leaving work, and having 2.4 kids because they unthinkingly feel they're supposed to, not out of any genuine desire to do so, and get their conceptions of gender relations entirely from Boots ads and cut-and-paste facebook statuses.

Equally, I know some men who only see women as potential sexual conquests, assume all men like the specific sports they like (sample conversation I had recently: Guy: "Do you like the G.A.A?" Me: "Not really, I'm more into football." Guy: "Yeah, I'd say we'll do well in the hurling this year, what do you think?") and would be very wary of anything that might seem "girly" or "gay."

Biologically woman have a smaller window to have kids. Men have less time restrictions so that usually scares that crap out of them. I have a few mates that waited too long for the right guy and regret not having kids although now with internet dating it’s easier to find someone that wants to settle down. There are three girls where I work that have married someone they met through online dating and they are very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

I agree... why can't we all get along :D

I don't think men and women are that different in a lot of ways.

There's obvious differences but all in all we are more similar than we like to admit, I reckon. We just pretend to be a lot more different so we have stuff to talk about on boards.ie :P

Advertisement