Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cement Strike?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Chong wrote: »
    Ooooh cant wait, whats next ? You already had a marquee, a bbq , jesus the anticipation is killing us....

pffffft :rolleyes:

Why the unnecessary and unwarranted hostility???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

indamicks wrote: »
    sarcasm is the lowest from of with no one finds you funny.this strike is verry serious,
    And so is the Internet , welcome to it Sir

Picture_6.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 indamicks

And so is the Internet , welcome to it Sir

Picture_6.png
    i think u should grow up and see whats happaning in your own country .people cant aford there house or food .hope it never happends to you

I never said the strike was funny, I said you don't know if other people found chongs post funny.

As regards CRH pissing on the law of the land you are very misguided. The labour court is just another toothless quango which to me seems to piss all over the private sector to protect their public sector pensionable and permanent jobs and justify their existence.

CRH and viva cortex being recent examples of fruitless time wasting.
    i have to say your write on some points but misguided whats the piont of a court if no one listins to it,if it went for the company the workers would have to take it .so why is c.r.h. different .just shows who is realy running this land :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Chong, don't post in this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 paddy40

u strikers should be ashamed of your lives greedy workers, the nurses and doctors had to take a pay cut and use lot think you are somthing of importance that use deserve this bonus along with the massive wages you are on believe me you are important. i am one of the other 100 subcontractors who are sitting at home from march 12th when the strike actualy took place, i am sitting at home 8 weeks now because of you, i like many of the other sub contractors and hauliers would do your work for half the wages use are on so use wolud want to watch your jobs because yous mightnt have a job to come back to, then mhat will karan o laughlin do for you then so cop on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Chong, don't post in this thread again.

Smells like selective internment on your part.

paddy40 wrote: »
    u strikers should be ashamed of your lives greedy workers, the nurses and doctors had to take a pay cut and use lot think you are somthing of importance that use deserve this bonus along with the massive wages you are on believe me you are important. i am one of the other 100 subcontractors who are sitting at home from march 12th when the strike actualy took place, i am sitting at home 8 weeks now because of you, i like many of the other sub contractors and hauliers would do your work for half the wages use are on so use wolud want to watch your jobs because yous mightnt have a job to come back to, then mhat will karan o laughlin do for you then so cop on
    what are u on about? the company is making over 800 million last year why shoul i take a cut in wages for no ression i doubled my work last year and said **** all about it just to keep your job .get off your hi horse and the hauliers would cut each others necks .its not my falt u have no work blame c.r.h get your facts rite b4 you say any more

and how are we greedy? just because we lookd for or wages .its a basic rite .the doctors and nurses and now the gards r bring hit because of spineless people that wont stand up for them like u all you do is sit back and wounder why ireland is in a **** state :confused:

yous dont deserve the bonus yous wouldnt work on batteries i see it day in and day out in platin we had to take cuts so had the hauliers we are doing your work i was in a induction course in febuary in platin and it was costing irish cement 100000euro a year to pay an employee to load clinker on the lorries for a year hello 100000 a year i told the health and safety man id do it for 50000

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Jesus Christ.... Look, I get that the strike has had an effect on you but your anger is VERY misdirected. The greedy ones are CRH, a company who are VERY profitable, who recently gave some of their executives some very handsome payrises. They don't need to make these paycuts, I don't know nor do I care what the workers in the cement factory earn, the fact is that this is a very profitable private company who can afford to pay these workers their existing wages and the bonus that the LRC ordered them to. CRH are the ones being greedy, they are using the recession as an excuse to enforce paycuts, which if they were struggling would be fair enough. But I have yet to find any evidence (and believe me, I have searched) that the company can't afford to pay the workers what they are due; on the contrary I have only found evidence of CRH being a very profitable company who can easily afford to pay these workers what they have been paying up to now.

And your comparisons with the doctors and nurses are utterly ridiculous; CRH is a private financially healthy company, they don't need to enforce paycuts. Our country is bolli*ed financially, public sector pay HAD to be cut or else the country's debt problems would just get a whole lot worse.

Your fury should be aimed at CRH, not the cement factory workers.

no sympathy for you up here in louth meath or monaghan and it is not aired on the news karan o laughlin was on the michael reede show on lmfm 3 weeks ago and he didnt give her any sympathy so there is no public support the strikers may give up

yous dont deserve the bonus yous wouldnt work on batteries i see it day in and day out in platin we had to take cuts so had the hauliers we are doing your work i was in a induction course in febuary in platin and it was costing irish cement 100000euro a year to pay an employee to load clinker on the lorries for a year hello 100000 a year i told the health and safety man id do it for 50000
    its not a bonus it or wages .no man is on 100000 a year in limerick i can tell u that

no sympathy for you up here in louth meath or monaghan and it is not aired on the news karan o laughlin was on the michael reede show on lmfm 3 weeks ago and he didnt give her any sympathy so there is no public support the strikers may give up
    no support i wish u could see the support in limerick we get people stoping telling us to keep going bringing us food and soft drinks every day people are backing us .even gards are stoping to tell us fair play to ye i rest my case:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bawlbag3

ye have alot of misguided points being made here on both sides of the fence lad. the fact of the matter is
    1. The company was told to pay the bonus by the labour court on the basis that both sides enter into discussion on pay cuts
    2. company looking for in the region of 15% paycut, the workers not willing to accept anything close to that
    3. mediation suggested a paycut of 6% and the bonus be paid in the next paycheque, which was rejected by the union
    4. CRH made 700 million profit last year............CRH made this profit, not Irish Cement Ltd.

In my opinion, there are 2 Irish Cement plants still in operation only to supply prospective customers in the Benelux region and the UK, which had been the case until this strike. Those customers are now being supplied from other CRH plants on the continent, meaning that the ultimate loser is Irish Cement.

I applaud the lads and yer resolution in seeing this through.....but just think of every other stakeholder involved in this for a second also...the hauliers, contractors, customers and suppliers who are losing business!! CRH only care for Irish Cement as it could prove a convenient supplier to other CRH plants on the continent......only for that, they might as well shut Limerick down

That is my six pence worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

They are picketing outside the CRH plc Head Quarters, Belgard Road, this morning.

how come the roadstone workers are not out with you afterall it is all the one company and are yous not the same union yous need the quarries out with you for strong support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 The faceofcement

I know its great to see workers with b---s, it brings a tear to my eye,,,

Enigma IE wrote: »
    They are picketing outside the CRH plc Head Quarters, Belgard Road, this morning.
    and outside the dail eireann ,where there was meatings whit TD,s .
    i think it could be the start of the end
    TD,s are sick of C.R.H lies

Ooooh cant wait, whats next ? You already had a marquee, a bbq , jesus the anticipation is killing us....

pffffft :rolleyes:
    well your anticipation is over .they met in dail eireann today whit a lot of TD,s backing the workers :P thanks for your support :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Guys and gals. No offence, but I found this thread really hard to follow as a result of really really poor spelling. Seriously............

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

seachto7 wrote: »
    Guys and gals. No offence, but I found this thread really hard to follow as a result of really really poor spelling. Seriously............

Couldn't agree with you more. Seems like the same guy opening new accounts and posting with the spell check turned off.

Gallee wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with you more. Seems like the same guy opening new accounts and posting with the spell check turned off.
    sorry il try to my dyslexia fixed by tomoro .:P

indamicks wrote: »
    sorry il try to my dyslexia fixed by tomoro .:P

well, the least you could do, posting on a public forum, is to use the spell check!! It's bloody hard to follow!:)

well, the least you could do, posting on a public forum, is to use the spell check!! It's bloody hard to follow!:)
    your the first to complane it cant be that hard everyone else understood me:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Let's try to stick to the topic from here on, please.

Mod, where do you stand on getting abusive private messages off posters on this thread?

Mod, where do you stand on getting abusive private messages off posters on this thread?

Dealt with via PM.

This thread is causing the whole Midwest mod team far too much hassle. We've already cleaned it up twice and it's still a wreck. Locked, and staying locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement