Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicki Minaj Concert *No Ticket Sales - Discussion Only*

Options
  • 03-04-2012 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I guess this is the right section not 100%. I was gonna tickets for one of my siblings for this gig in the Olympia, she'll be 14. I'm just wondering what she is like in concert, is it suitable for a 14 year old? I only know one or two of her songs so was hoping someone could shed some light. Thanks;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Generally what I do is just go through a good few YouTube videos of performers live to get an idea of they can put on a show or not, as for what is suitable that's also a huge variable, every one has their own idea of what is suitable, for example I'll be taking my 13 year old nephew to see Jay-Z and Kanye in June, despite the language and what not in Jay-z/Kanye's music I consider this suitable for him..

In my opinion Nicki is suitable for someone who is 14, The choice of seating though is what I would be thinking more about, i.e would they be able for a large crowd being pushed around etc or would the tiered seating be best, if so then whats the best section in the Olympia and aim for those tickets.. Also will their be an adult going with them? There seems to be no age limit on that even listed on ticket master but I'm gonna guess that it will be U16 must be with an adult.

And finally thanks for the heads up lol, I didn't even know she was gonna be performing, I'll probably be getting a ticket myself tomorrow, I've not seen her live before but I like her music.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I dont know much about her except her awesome lyrical ability :

"You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (x3)
    You a stupid hoe, (yeah) you a, you a stupid hoe
    You a stupid hoe, you a, you a stupid hoe (stupid, stupid)
    (stupid, stupid)"

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Sold out within seconds! Glad I managed to grab tickets :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,634 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ive a frustrated daughter at home... any hope of another date added???

in light of the fact they could have sold the olympia out 3 or 4 times over...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id be amazed if she doesnt do an arena tour later on in the year , since she mostly is doing festivals during the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

They might do another date, you never know, but her fans had to beg on twitter just to get this date before she/her team finally gave in.

anyone any idea if theres free dates either side of this olympia date?
    either with her or with the olympia?

if not then its unlikely i guess..... and i doubt theyd move the gig to the O2?

just checked... shes booked on 28 june, 4th july, 6th and 8th july

a bit of wiggle room there?
    the olympia is free 2nd, 3rd and 5th july.....

hummmm just maybe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Her lyrics are dirty & vulgar

But she is SICK :) unbelievable talent - let your sis go you should go also :)

sooooooooo broke this month - devo I couldn't get tickets :(

Fingers crossed for another date..

sydthebeat wrote: »

if not then its unlikely i guess..... and i doubt theyd move the gig to the O2?

She should of booked the o2 defo would of been a sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

just said on twitter she is going to sort it out

another date or move venue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

The reason Nicki Minaj was booked for the Olympia is because its probably a small production. Limited backing singers & dancers and no stage setup. Im sure she'll be back towards the end of the year with a big production.

Shes playing 3500 - 5000 capacity venues in UK..

olympia is only 1300 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

loldaddy.com-1329268988.jpg

Suppose these are different times.... *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Battleflag wrote: »

Also two VERY different genres of music..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Battleflag wrote: »

"I will remain where the top begins
    Cause I am not a word, I am not a line
    I am not a girl that can every be defined
    I am not fly, I am levitation"

She's a very empowering woman, I love her. She worked hard to get where she is, in what is a very male dominated genre of music, and still has a very creative and feminine flare.

Incidentally, did everyone here get tickets? I was on ticketmaster at 8:45.. devastated. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

She's a very empowering woman, I love her. She worked hard to get where she is, in what is a very male dominated genre of music, and still has a very creative and feminine flare.

Song-writers for that song you quoted: "Maraj, Kevin Hissink, Jordan, Jonathan Rotem, Rishad"
    4 other song-writers?!? :pac:

Song-writers for that song you quoted: "Maraj, Kevin Hissink, Jordan, Jonathan Rotem, Rishad"
    4 other song-writers?!? :pac:

Lol. Ok... Did anyone get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Nicki said she wasn't responsible for picking the venue, and wasn't even aware how small it was!

She's gonna be back in Spring for definite though, and she's trying to sort out this now. Doubt The Olympia would allow a changeover to the O2 though, so it'll probably be a second date if anything..

Or they wait to announce a bigger tour after the festival season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

I got tickets !!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will she do a second date in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Any update on a change of venue here. Nicki is an acquired taste but pretty frickin' awesome...

Mr.S wrote: »
    She tweeted saying no change of venue and no second date, Her next tour will be an arena tour.

when was this ? she doesn't have twitter any more ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I saw her on Graham Norton show and I was frightened tbh... did Norton get a make-up gun and shoot her repeatedly in the face?!

9s80nd.jpg1zx8dhf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

Although a funny picture, it's easy to put a slant on anything. It owuld be just as easy to take some tripe from Zeplin and compare it to a more profound NM cut.

Still, she caters to her audience. Are there idiots in her audience? Of course. But I don't think it can be denied she puts together some good music.

4012652_700b.jpg:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Concert moved to August 21st

Nicki Minaj 2012 'Pink Friday...Reloaded' UK Arena Tour Dates are as follows:

Oct 21st - Nottingham Arena
    Oct 22nd - Manchester Arena
    Oct 24th - Liverpool Echo Arena
    Oct 25th - Newcastle Arena
    Oct 27th - Birmingham LG Arena
    Oct 30th London O2 Arena
    Nov 3rd - Sheffield Motorpoint Arena
    Nov 7th - Cardiff Motorpoint Arena

Irish dates will be announced soon i guess

• Advertisement

Olympia Theatre
    Hi all, please see update from concert promoters MCD regarding Nicki Minaj. She has cancelled her UK shows but still no confirmation about her Olympia date on Tuesday, hopefully we will know more tomorrow. Get well soon Nicki, we hope you'll make it on Tuesday, you've alot of Irish fans out there that can't wait to see you!

MCD
    Nicki Minaj has cancelled this weekends UK shows due to damaged vocal chords, will know if Tuesdays Olympia show is going ahead tomorrow after Nicki meets with her doctors again

Advertisement