Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peats ceased trading - gift voucher

Options
  • 03-04-2012 9:18am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I have a 300 euro voucher from Peat's. I was on to the company's call centre that has been set up, but they didn't have very much information. Given that this is a voluntary liquidation, according to the statement on their website, what's the likelihood I'll get anything?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Red Alert wrote: »
    I have a 300 euro voucher from Peat's. I was on to the company's call centre that has been set up, but they didn't have very much information. Given that this is a voluntary liquidation, according to the statement on their website, what's the likelihood I'll get anything?

Little I'm afraid. I think you become a creditor but have little hope of getting anything unless it was bought with a CC then you may have some hope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭rameire

ill take it off your hands if you give me 20 euro.

its worth nothing. nada.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Was it purchased with a credit card ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I don't know, although I suspect so. I'll ask the "gift giver" this evening. It would have been purchased prior to Christmas. In fact, I was in a number of times since then and there wasn't much new stock. Now I know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

If it was purchased using a credit card then the voucher buyer should be able to claim a chargeback through the credit card issuing bank.

They will ask for proof of peats going into liquidation, once the liquidator is appointed you can get this in the www.insolvencyjournal.ie website.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hi Red,

I'll send you on a PM with the details of an email being sent to folk such as yourself.

Given that this is a voluntary liquidation - an orderly winddown led by the owners rather than an involuntary one where accountants are appointed to take charge you might get some of your money back.

Once a liquidator has been appointed contact him and lodge a claim.

Advertisement