Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2 - Episode 2 **Have NOT Read The Books / No Spoilers Included**

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's part HBO's home-cooked receipe. In a show like True Blood it's perfectly fine as it suits the context and tone of the show. It's obviously a finer line in Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones, less so in the later because to a large degree it fits the world. It usually comes in fits and starts, though, and we could go four episodes with hardly a bare breast in sight. It can be cynical but every sex scene has always been used to empart something other than titillation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

It's the nature of the genre to be a bit ott with the sex though, their not referred to as sex and sandal epics for nothing.
    GOT has balanced it about right, the sex is as much weapon as reward and leering looks and servants glancing as noises come from upstairs wont cut it thees days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Paparazzo wrote: »

What's the name of the guy that recruits nights watch soilders? He's a legend!
    "This blade is so sharp it could shave a spiders arse"

Yoren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

s.welstead wrote: »
    Not happening. They've 'adjusted' the fashion. Bastids, I was hoping it might catch on and start a craze!

That has just put a right dampener on my day... I was looking forward to seen that dress on her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

krudler wrote: »
    I thought that was really funny
    me too, it shows his character. the customer was complaining so he made sure he was satisfied and got his moneys worth. if he was left with a bad taste in his mouth well that's something else. but it does show littlefingers true nature, hes all about the money and power

Advertisement