Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Semi Auto, Beretta Remmy or Winchester

• 03-04-2012 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi Folks
    Have been offered a choice of three semi auto shotguns and am wondering peoples opinon. All for same money. I hope to see them in person during the week and will check best fit but in the meantime am curious what people might suggest. Intended us is for rough shooting as already have trap gun for clays.
    Choice is
    Remmington 1100
    Beretta A303
    Winchester Super X2

Regards
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXHUNTER1

Beretta A303 every time imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

It's going to come down to what you like the feel of most. I only own a Beretta 391 so I can't really comment on the other two brands but my Beretta is pure class. That said, I don't think any of the main stream gun manufacturers make a bad gun so I'm sure they are all fine.
    I know Ardee Sports are the agent for Beretta so parts should be accessible should you break it. I've no idea about the importer for the other two though. Might be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

If you want to customise the gun to your particular needs or desires.Remmy1100 hands down.There are more extra bits made for Remington than any other guns out there.Seeing that the 870 pump action remington has passed the ten and a half million mark early 2012 for guns sold,and a lot of parts are interchangable it isnt a biggie to get spares.But thats just me.Try all three and decide which you like the best.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Beretta all the way I think. A mate has a Winchester repeater of some kind and it is crap and loves jaming up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've split all posts discussing the pros, and cons of a pump into their own thread.

It's here.

All posts here should ideally be directly in response to the OP's question.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Hi Folks
    Have been offered a choice of three semi auto shotguns and am wondering peoples opinon. All for same money. I hope to see them in person during the week and will check best fit but in the meantime am curious what people might suggest. Intended us is for rough shooting as already have trap gun for clays.
    Choice is
    Remmington 1100
    Beretta A303
    Winchester Super X2
    Regards
    Peter
    Mr Walsh,
    Would you care to provide some prices?

I'm in the States, so I tend to look at such decisions based upon "our" prices. I have the Winchester SX3 and am very familiar with the 1100.

From what I remember, the SX3 is similar to the SX2, they're sporting/exhibition guns. Kind of "trick" guns. I love mine, but would never take it in the field.

The 1100 is a standard over here. The 1100 is to auto's what the 870 is to pumps, and the 700 is to rifles: a true workhorse.

I vote for the 1100. The A303 isn't particularly pretty, and I bet you'll pay a pretty penny for it.

The 1100 is the firearm I like for walking the fields, in a blind, or out on a boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Thanks for the reply folks. Hope to get to see them soon and will take it from there.
    regards
    Peter

@FISMA all prices are the same for each gun dont want to mention figures as the guy is going me a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

Ok folk,
    Managed to finally get a look at the semi's today and most important put them to my shoulder. The A303 and winchester did not suit but the 1100 was perfect so choice was made. To make it even better he had a 1187 in stock in excellent condition ( and great fit) and we did a great deal. So deposit paid and now to hand in the application form. Happy Days.

Not sure if its ok to put the dealers name up so just in case if anyone is looking for a semi send me a PM and i send you on the details.

Regards
    Peter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

"1100 was perfect so choice was made" -

Rather than enter an opinion, I was waiting to see what happened. I have not been in the shotgun market for a while. The 1100 is a timeless design, it points and shoots naturally, absorbs recoil well, is reasonably priced, easy to maintain. I shot skeet and hunted with mine for years, mostly with reloaded shells, never had any problems. You chose wisely IMHO. Have fun!

Advertisement