Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abseil the Aviva

Options
  • 03-04-2012 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

Disclosure: I have some ties to the charity so forgive any bias on my part!! I am actually taking part in the abseil however and I genuinely think it is a great opportunity to do something a little different.

Abseil the Aviva Stadium in aid of Concern.

You may know what it’s like inside this outstanding stadium but have you ever wondered what it’s like to run up the lighting gantry and abseil off it at a height of 70m?

Concern Worldwide are calling for participants to join them in their Aviva Abseil on Saturday April 14th. Be part of something amazing this year while helping a great cause. In order to take part participants will need to pay an initial registration fee of €35 and then fundraise €65. Participants can register by completing the form on the website at www.concernchallenge/avivaabseil or by emailing info.challenge@concern.net or calling 01 4178043.

EDIT - forgot to say you can check out the abseil information at this link http://www.concernchallenge.org/documents/934/Abseil%20the%20Aviva%20Staduim%20-%20Fact%20Sheet.pdf
    Tagged:

Comments

At the risk of sounding very mean spirited and being pilloried here, whenever I see sponsored bungee jump/skydive for charity I think I won't be giving a cent . Yes, I know, that might make no sense, but any time I hear people collecting money for something I think they might want to do anyway, I kinda think I won't be paying in. Of course, there is a tipping point somewhere, and why should collecting be painful or risky. And certainly in this I note there is an entry "fee"...but I dunno...

On another point, Christmas, what's the point, carol singers clear off blocking my door...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭acorn

I'm tempted.

I can see your point though Conor74, wouldn't ask for sponsorship so would have to forkout 100€ myself, still . . . . tempting. . . .maybe, just maybe . . . . :)

Advertisement