Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter break how much study to do ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

Good post there reznov you absolute clown!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

reznov wrote: »
    lol @ anyone doing less than 12 hours a day of study.

Let me rephrase that actually:
    lol @ anyone thinking of getting anywhere near 625 without 20 hours a day study.

Sleeping anywhere near 8 hours a day means you've failed the leaving cert already.
    There is no time to sleep, simple as that. Any recreation or social engagements MUST BE SET ASIDE FOR THIS YEAR. If you've talked to your family at all, you're getting straight Fs.

It's funny 'cause it's true. :pac: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I consider all holidays resting time, same went for this one. Don't even think about school.

But I'm getting worried now because everybody else is working and I've done nothing, I'm probably losing a lot of good time here.
    It's probably for the best that I start doing some prep work for the orals next week, I can't go the whole holidays having done nothing, that'd probably just be irresponsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

bobjimmy wrote: »
    Good post there reznov you absolute clown!

Whooosh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I haven't done much at all, maybe an hour or two most days, except I was hung over for Sunday and Monday so I did'nt really do anything those days. I think 6 hours is a bit much tbh, you need time to relax. I feel a bit bad for not doing much but im just not the studying type. Day time tv's just too good and I like lying in till past noon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

CRUCIAL You sir, unlike many others, have not forgotten about building and maintaining that 6th year holiday body. Respect

Speaking of maintaining dat body, I reeeally want to motivate myself to get up early every morning to go for a run, but half the time I can't even motivate myself to get up for school. :L I'm telling myself it'll all change when I start college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

20 minutes over the holidays so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Eathrin wrote: »
    I consider all holidays resting time, same went for this one. Don't even think about school.

But I'm getting worried now because everybody else is working and I've done nothing, I'm probably losing a lot of good time here.
    It's probably for the best that I start doing some prep work for the orals next week, I can't go the whole holidays having done nothing, that'd probably just be irresponsible.

finally somebody in the same boat, ive done almost nothing and am still wrecked. hope it doesnt come back to bite me on the ass

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

It's going to tear your ass off :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I haven't touched a book all weekend except for on Monday when I did a full day of studying. And yano what? I'm glad I didn't :pac: It's great just to get a break! I've already done like 30 hours since the start of the Easter Break so I'm not too depressed about it :P I'll start again on the studying when I get back home, and hopefully get ~60 hours done by Sunday night. I'd be happy with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Owen_S wrote: »
    20 minutes over the holidays so far...

Beats me, I've looked at notes on Robert Frost and sin é.

The rest of Easter has been spent on the piss in town or on the piss down the pub. Why does being 18 have to coincide with exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I wish I'd spent my week on the piss up, haven't done much this week (done a bit but nowhere near as much as got done last week) and I spent all my spare time sleeping and stressing about how I should be studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I spent all my spare time sleeping and stressing about how I should be studying.

That's my life since september.

Somehow I think I'll learn about doppler and differentiation during Californication!

(guilty pleasure :o)

Advertisement