Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quaker Road.

Options
  • 03-04-2012 10:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone living there or used to live there?Any feedback on the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

darkdubh wrote: »
    Anyone living there or used to live there?Any feedback on the area?

Hi Dark..
    We lived at the "back" of it for nearly 8 years a while back. We were on Evergreen Rd.

It's a great area,to be honest. There used to be kids hangin around and drinkin in the Parkowen area before,,but since they closed off the access to Douglas St from there,it's all quiet there now.

Lots of nice friendly people living around there,and not as busy as it used to be before,probably due to not as many students living in the area anymore.

I'd have no bother recommending the place,and to be honest,if I thought We could move again anytime soon,,I'd head back to that area.

It's only a few minutes from town,,and you'd have the "Dilly Dally Inn" just up the road from you. (That's if you like a few pints)

What more could you want? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

SexyGuy wrote: »
    Hi Dark..
    We lived at the "back" of it for nearly 8 years a while back. We were on Evergreen Rd.

It's a great area,to be honest. There used to be kids hangin around and drinkin in the Parkowen area before,,but since they closed off the access to Douglas St from there,it's all quiet there now.

Lots of nice friendly people living around there,and not as busy as it used to be before,probably due to not as many students living in the area anymore.

I'd have no bother recommending the place,and to be honest,if I thought We could move again anytime soon,,I'd head back to that area.

It's only a few minutes from town,,and you'd have the "Dilly Dally Inn" just up the road from you. (That's if you like a few pints)

What more could you want? ;)

Nice one.Looking at renting a property on the street.It seems like a quiet area,we used to live on Douglas St before and while it was great in a lot of ways the noise at night from the Cruicean Lan and drunken fighting out on the street was a lot to take .QR is very close but seems more peacefull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Quaker Road will be a lot quieter than Douglas St and there's rarely any trouble. There were a few winos hanging around Eircom a while back but they were harmless and seem to have moved on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Given that you're near Eircom's main switch for the south of the city, if you can't get UPC at least you know you can get decent DSL and, if they ever get around to it, you'll (more than likely) be one of the first areas served by fibre to home:)

Advertisement