Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeship Wages

Options
  • 03-04-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im looking to see if someone could guide me in the right direction. I am looking for guidelines for wages for hairdressing apprentices. I can't seem to find anything.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Not sure if this is much good to you but in other industries 1st year apprentice wage varies from about €170 to €250 depending on actual job.

At least its a baseline to work off of,

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

I have been paying €228 per week to a first year hairdresser. She has just turned 18. I had heard somthing a while back saying that apprenticeship wages had been thrown out after some court case and until they could be re-established they would be set at the minimum wage. Can anyone clarify this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Jonny303 wrote: »
    I have been paying €228 per week to a first year hairdresser. She has just turned 18. I had heard somthing a while back saying that apprenticeship wages had been thrown out after some court case and until they could be re-established they would be set at the minimum wage. Can anyone clarify this?
    I have not heard anything of the sort thus far, well FAS apprentice rates for 1st year are still published and they are all under €250 with a min of €170. so i would expect these to be used as a reasonable guideline for a genuine apprentice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Advertisement