Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden fence panelling paint options

• 03-04-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Hi! Just looking for some info on fence painting options. We have full panelling around the garden and it needs to be painted this year for the first time.

We've narrowed it down to the spray option because there's a lot of panels to cover. Can anyone recommend a paint that has worked well for them? There's so many options; Ronseal, own brand etc.

Also, some of the panelling is quite high and we need to make sure it doesn't spray over the fence into the next garden. Will we notice a huge difference if we paint the top foot or so of the fence with a roller and then the rest of it with the sprayer?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

sillysocks wrote: »
    Hi! Just looking for some info on fence painting options. We have full panelling around the garden and it needs to be painted this year for the first time.

We've narrowed it down to the spray option because there's a lot of panels to cover. Can anyone recommend a paint that has worked well for them? There's so many options; Ronseal, own brand etc.

Also, some of the panelling is quite high and we need to make sure it doesn't spray over the fence into the next garden. Will we notice a huge difference if we paint the top foot or so of the fence with a roller and then the rest of it with the sprayer?

This has worked wonders for me.Made by Fleetwood Paints in Virginia,County Cavan,so its an Irish product.:)

Cannot fault it in anyway.Very tough and hard wearing,water resistent,fade proof and safe to use with regards soil and plants,and can be had in various colours too.

A small Gloss foam roller,a wallpaper pasting brush and also a small 1 inch brush worked a treat for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

great job there, paddy147. what other color do they have? and where did you buy it?
    I have a plan to paint my shed gray & white. I went to b&q last weekend and picked up some of Ducksback grey fence paint, but there was no much choice of other colors apart all shades of green and brown.

j@utis wrote: »
    great job there, paddy147. what other color do they have? and where did you buy it?
    I have a plan to paint my shed gray & white. I went to b&q last weekend and picked up some of Ducksback grey fence paint, but there was no much choice of other colors apart all shades of green and brown.

Fleetwod Trade Paint Centre in Finglas,behind the Toyota Garage at the side of the M50.:)

Brown,Red,Green,Black and I think Greyish colour aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

any chance of white? is red pure red? not wine, burgundy etc?

j@utis wrote: »
    any chance of white? is red pure red? not wine, burgundy etc?

I honestly wouldnt know??:confused:

You could allways give them a shout or drop by and have a look??

http://www.fleetwood.ie/Fleetwood_Cavan.htm#dublin11

FLEETWOOD PAINTS Ltd.
    TRADE CENTRE
    UNIT 33
    NORTH PARK
    NORTH ROAD
    FINGLAS
    DUBLIN 11

01 8110476

I was only up there to get the black and also to get paint for my kitchen too.

I have a thing for the black V white colour scheme.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 luckylarry

sillysocks wrote: »

it has to beprimed 1st

Advertisement