Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ross Dunbrody Festival CANCELLED this year!!!!

Options
  • 03-04-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

just heard that the New Ross Dunbrody festival is not going ahead this year !!!

This town in gone to the dogs altogether!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Guess the town can't afford it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

it was always good for business. fecks sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Well apparently the main reason is the reduction of 50,000 in funding + the redevelopment on the quay but even still its scandalous it was the only thing that brought people into New Ross! and yea was good for business,

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Trevor Kent

Real shame for the town.

On the plus side, the quay is in desperate need of an overhaul.

But the fact that the town needs a festival to bring buisness in is a problem in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pity to see it cancelled as it was an attraction in the town,but now I'm gona make a very unpopular statement: It'll do wonders for the Strawberry Fest.

Forgive my bias but I'm an Enniscorthy man so that's where my loyalties lie.

Is there any hint that the Festival will be back next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

zerks wrote: »
    Pity to see it cancelled as it was an attraction in the town,but now I'm gona make a very unpopular statement: It'll do wonders for the Strawberry Fest.

Forgive my bias but I'm an Enniscorthy man so that's where my loyalties lie.

:eek: BOOOO, ye bad pup! go away outta that with your fancy strawberry festival.

i was really looking forward to the dunbrody this year too. not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

zerks wrote: »

Is there any hint that the Festival will be back next year?

Yes indeed , there is every hint that it will be back next year .

Its not actually cancelled , just postponed due to the development works due to take place this year plus the small matter of €50,000 shortfall in funding

But the rest of the money will remain resting in the a/c for another year .

The committee want to assure everyone that they will try and return bigger and better in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

But the rest of the money will remain resting in the a/c

Ted.jpg

Advertisement