Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVP recording

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

maccored wrote: »
    I only put this up as you have asked ... personally I hear nothing in it, bar it seems louder and different than our own voices. It sounds as garbled as it did the other way

http://www.leinsterparanormal.com/sound2.aif

I can hear it as clear as day, although you clipped word "what" at the beginning when you reversed - I can still hear the "are you offering Brian" part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭Yeah Yeah Yeah

maccored wrote: »
    http://www.musicfrombands.com/kitchen2.mp3

I dont know what you'll hear in that, but what I hear makes no sense. Three of us in a small house ... you can hear us talking way in the background. Theres something else that shrills its way over our voices for a few secs .... havent a clue what it was. All i can say is that it was captrued on 8 recorders, all pretty loud yet we didnt hear it and we were only feet away.

This sounds to me, very very "human".

"Are we gonna have a meeting in the pub after you get your sound check"

"Gonna h'avt wee bit in the pub after you get your sound eh!"
    "Gonna h'avt wee bit in the pub after you get your sound check"!"

Edit: I have just replayed this with fresh ears....the voice now sounds like it could be North East England (Geordie/Makem) and the "eh" now sounds like "check".

It now sounds to me that the voice is very good humoured, the word "check" is laughing in a nice way.

Yeah...I'd def' say North East England accent..

Would be really interested to know if there was any possible English north-east connection with the property where this was recorded? Or any north-east members on the team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I can hear it as clear as day, although you clipped word "what" at the beginning when you reversed - I can still hear the "are you offering Brian" part.

Listening to that, I don't believe it's reversed. The reverse playback sounds just like a reverse playback to me.

I still think it was someone in or close to the room the recorder was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Listening to that, I don't believe it's reversed. The reverse playback sounds just like a reverse playback to me.

I still think it was someone in or close to the room the recorder was in.

Normally, i would totally agree, but I was there, and there were only three of us - you can hear us talking in the other room. Whatever that is, it wasn't one of us. Im not claiming it to be any kind of communication with the dead ... I just have no idea what it is or how it got there.

This sounds to me, very very "human".

"Are we gonna have a meeting in the pub after you get your sound check"

Two of the three people there are musicians ... though there was no talk of music, gigs, pubs or soundchecks. We were, as far as I remember, marvelling how good WagonWheels tasted.

• Advertisement

The one weird thing about that though, is that I caught the very very end of the 'eh' at the time. Its on the original recordings where you hear me ask "Did anyone just say 'eh!'".

Then though, at the same time, I only caught the very very last essence of the sound, so I assumed it was maybe the fridge clicking, and withthe echo and reverb of the empty house, just sounded like 'eh'.

When i heard the recording obviously, I realised I actually had heard it. Just the very, very end though ... none of the rest of it. All the cameras picked up the sound, though it was loudest in the kitchen camera, which is where that audio came from.

Could you ask someone from England's north east (Sunderland/Newcastle/Durham/M'boro etc) to have a listen to it?

(When I mentioned that I believe it to be a "human" voice, I mean quite possibly a paranormal "human" voice).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Could you ask someone from England's north east (Sunderland/Newcastle/Durham/M'boro etc) to have a listen to it?
    My wife is from Durham so I might see what she says.

Otherwise I stand my by original interpretation.

Cheers DW, I'd be interested to see what she thinks. Could you let me/us know what she thinks? I know Durham, lovely place.

Was wondering if anything further consideration was given to my suggestion on this?

• Advertisement

I personally still cant make out any accent or the majority of the words on that one.

Advertisement