Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox browser hacked?

• 03-04-2012 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    This is my first time posting on this forum and I'm a bit concerned and I
    was wondering if anyone could help please:

Early this week I noticed changes with my firefox browser for example
    in my hotmail account in firefox I can't open my emails but I checked it in google chrome and its fine.

Also when using boards.ie earlier this week I noticed that there was something wrong with the layout on firefox,
    http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7599/boardsl.jpg

again fine on google chrome

and when I went to the facebook login page and this guys face appeared instead of the facebook logo,
    http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2876/facebookjm.jpg

Is my computer or firefox browser being hacked, and if so do you think I can fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Clear your browser cache by opening it and pressing ctrl shift delete then select all (choose everything) and clear now. Re start the browser and test the sites again. I doubt you've been hacked

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Looks to me like cache related issues, just clear it and your problems should go away.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mr.Triffid

Thanks cookie and yoyo, whats the deal with yer mans face on facebook, have you noticed this on your firefox browser?

it can happen sometimes. It's nothing to do with hacking. Clear your cache periodically to keep things in tip top shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mr.Triffid

Yep i've done it and its grand now, thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

no worries

Advertisement