Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a nice chocolate ckae

Options
  • 03-04-2012 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I have been off chocolate for all of lent and I am looking forward to next weekend. Can anyone recommend a nice chocolate cake? there was a nice one in the Irish Independent last saturday, with peanut butter etc which looked yummy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Are you looking for a recipe for one that you want to bake, or a decent chocolate cake that you can buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

bake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If you go with anything Nigella you're there, all the choccy cakes I've tried from her recipes have been proper chocolatey. Her old fashioned chocolate cake is delish or maybe Avocas chocolate orange cake.

Or if you make a plain chocolate sponge cake, two layers, then use a chocolate and peanut butter frosting on it. Cupcake project website has loads of frosting recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

A couple of jars of Cadburys Chocolate Spread does us very nicely for filling / icing ;)

Advertisement