Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split lines blocking BB

Options
  • 03-04-2012 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

I live in a rural location, and I (and about 20 of my neighbours) suffer from an apparently common issue, the line from the exchange to the house has been split so many times that no-one on it is broadband capable, even though the exchange has been upgraded.

I rang Eircom to investigate what the options were with this, but the support desk told me they don't deal with infrastructure and have no way of forwarding me on. After going around in circles for a while, they eventually said I needed a "technician", but that they have no idea who they are and have no way of contacting them. Further to that, my best option was to go to boards.ie...

So here I am. Anyone know of any way to try to get the situation checked out? And is the infrastructure a different company to the phone and broadband business after all the mergers sales and splits? Its the only reason I can think of for the customer interaction between the two things to be run through boards.ie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Wexfordian wrote: »
    I live in a rural location, and I (and about 20 of my neighbours) suffer from an apparently common issue, the line from the exchange to the house has been split so many times that no-one on it is broadband capable, even though the exchange has been upgraded.

I rang Eircom to investigate what the options were with this, but the support desk told me they don't deal with infrastructure and have no way of forwarding me on. After going around in circles for a while, they eventually said I needed a "technician", but that they have no idea who they are and have no way of contacting them. Further to that, my best option was to go to boards.ie...

So here I am. Anyone know of any way to try to get the situation checked out? And is the infrastructure a different company to the phone and broadband business after all the mergers sales and splits? Its the only reason I can think of for the customer interaction between the two things to be run through boards.ie.

Hi Wexfordian,

Thanks for your query.

If you PM your phone number I will check if Broadband is available in your area.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement