Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of going to Oz

Options
  • 03-04-2012 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

I have been thinking of leaving Ireland to go to Australia for some time, probably towards the end of october on a whv as I am hoping to get an internship in the meantime so I can gain some more experience in the area of environmental health which covers areas such as health and safety and food safety.

My question is what is the best location in Australia for job opportunities possibly in the environmental/health and safety/food safety area?, I heard there is problems with employers hiring people on a whv due to the 6 month limit I guess this makes it more difficult to find permanent employment, am I right?

Also I am planning of heading over by myself, would there be anyone who is thinking of going over themselves at that time or earlier?

I appreciate your comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Pussnboots

Look up seek.com.au for jobs or gumtree.com.au, headin over in October maybe the middle to end haven't fully decided on a date yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gamc1985

Pussnboots wrote: »
    Look up seek.com.au for jobs or gumtree.com.au, headin over in October maybe the middle to end haven't fully decided on a date yet!

I was looking on those sites for quite some time but I am thinking its better to go out there first as it is extremely difficult to get a job from Ireland, or is that just me?

What part of Australia are you planning of going to? I'm guessing you be on a whv as well? are you looking for any particular type of work?

Advertisement