Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to connect with one PC but ok with other 2

• 03-04-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I have had Eircom broadband for the last three years and never had connectivity problems (maybe 1-2 times). This morning for some reason one of my PCs keep disconnecting.
    I have 3 PCs, two connect fine, but the third doesn't. Wireless network is enabled and found (full speed) but for some reason it just doesn't connect to it. I also tried to restart the router a couple of times and reboot the PC (just in case) but I still have the problem. I also tried to repair the connection but no success.

Any idea of what may be causing the problem?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

try flushing the DNS and a winsock fix.

what OS are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

Your router may need a firmware update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I am on Windows Vista.

Connection is back on that PC now, but comes and go (when it comes signal is very strong)....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Try changing the wireless channel on the router.

Not sure what's going on really, basically I could not connect for a few hours, so I lifted the laptop from the desk (wanted to take it to another room) and the connection came back....put it back on the desk and connection was gone, lift it up again and connection was back....pretty ridiculous, never seen something like this :confused:

Is it an hardware problem possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Are there any wireless networks nearby that could be interfering?

dub45 wrote: »
    Are there any wireless networks nearby that could be interfering?

just the neighbours ones but they have never been a problem before :(

Advertisement