Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC off topic '12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Indiego wrote: »
    Well its pretty simple -
    Words that end in o (eg. Chico (boy)) are masculine, and this means you use 'el' or 'un' (el is 'the', un is 'a'), so el chico is 'the boy' and un chico is 'a boy'

Words that end in a (eg. Chica (Girl)) are feminine, and this means you use 'la' or 'una' (la is 'the', una is 'a'), so la chica is 'the girl' and una chica is 'a girl'

Then there are some case where a word can either be masculine or feminine, depending on whether you're talking about a girl or a boy, and all you do is change the ending to match the situation :cool:
    So 'El chico es simpatico' means 'the boy is nice', and 'La chica es simpatica' means 'the girl is nice'

:)

Ya It seems a lot like French! :D I think I might give this a proper go! :L Thanks a million for your help! :) It's the third most spoken language in the World! So it might be useful! :D Ever consider taking up French... I'll gladly help ya out! :D

If you wanted to learn a new language would you not start it after your jc?I want to learn either Russian or Danish. :P .. won't start them though until I'm outta schoooooooool :P

That wouldn't work for me.. If I want to do something.. I do it straight away! ;) I'd love to learn Russian but I don't think it's really a language to sit down and learn with a book! :P Might get a course thingy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Ya It seems a lot like French! :D I think I might give this a proper go! :L Thanks a million for your help! :) It's the third most spoken language in the World! So it might be useful! :D Ever consider taking up French... I'll gladly help ya out! :D

De nada :)
    Si necesita poco de ayuda me envía un mensaje :cool:
    (If you need any help send me a message :))

I chose it because of that reason exactly, and i think its just a beautiful language too :')
    Id love to learn Italian some day :cool:

De nada :)
    Si necesita poco de ayuda me envía un mensaje :cool:
    (If you need any help send me a message :))

I chose it because of that reason exactly, and i think its just a beautiful language too :')
    Id love to learn Italian some day :cool:

Aww Thanks A Million! :)

Think I might give this a go to begin with! Seems to cover the basics :)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Spanish.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

I do French in school and find it a very easy language but I would prefer to learn a language I like and would use. Also I know it's widely spoken but I think on a CV a language that a lot of people don't speak would be better, therefore if a company wanted a french speaker a sh*t ton of people could apply, but if they wanted a russian speaker, not so many. Also Bazinga, if you wanted a useful language, choose Mandarin, it's the most widely spoken language and China is a fast growing country and that language would be very useful :L

• Advertisement

I do French in school and find it a very easy language but I would prefer to learn a language I like and would use. Also I know it's widely spoken but I think on a CV a language that a lot of people don't speak would be better, therefore if a company wanted a french speaker a sh*t ton of people could apply, but if they wanted a russian speaker, not so many. Also Bazinga, if you wanted a useful language, choose Mandarin, it's the most widely spoken language and China is a fast growing country and that language would be very useful :L

I took a 7 week course in Mandarin it was great but I don't think I'll pursue it for now! I'd rather wait till I was out of school and I could take a course! :)

Also, David.. Do you not remember my name? :L

Aww Thanks A Million! :)

Think I might give this a go to begin with! Seems to cover the basics :)
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Spanish.pdf

Ah that looks good :)

Thats very true, I think a lot of people learn well known languages to broaden the number of countries they can work in too :L

I can speak a tinnnyyy bit of Mandarin :')

I can speak a tinnnyyy bit of Mandarin :')

It really is a lovely language but my lord THE TONES!! :O :P

It really is a lovely language but my lord THE TONES!! :O :P
    Oh god I know ><

Oh god I know ><

It was soo complicated! But you kinda get the hang of it! :L

• Advertisement

I took a 7 week course in Mandarin it was great but I don't think I'll pursue it for now! I'd rather wait till I was out of school and I could take a course! :)

Also, David.. Do you not remember my name? :L

Of course I remember your name, Nathan right ? :)

Of course I remember your name, Nathan right ? :)

It is! :) It's just you referred to me as Bazinga in a previous post ;)

Did anyone hear about them not being able to save those Peru miners after the roof collapsed? If not(9 men have been trapped since thursday and have been communicating with their 'rescuers' btu as of yesterday the roof collapsed so the rescuers can't get to them for another 3 days, at least) .. I don't mean to sound insensative but it seems to me that there's more and more of these stories lately, can they not learn from their mistakes?

Did anyone hear about them not being able to save those Peru miners after the roof collapsed? If not(9 men have been trapped since thursday and have been communicating with their 'rescuers' btu as of yesterday the roof collapsed so the rescuers can't get to them for another 3 days, at least) .. I don't mean to sound insensative but it seems to me that there's more and more of these stories lately, can they not learn from their mistakes?

Era Jesus.. Would they not cop on and invest a bit of money into the mines.. :/

Hehe just heard a funny joke.. :L

What do you call a fat computer?
    Adele
    Get it?

Adele
    Get it?
    Thats so mean :L

Thats so mean :L

But funny cuz A Dell! ;)

Adele
    Get it?

Adele won 6 grammies, you leave her alone.

Adele won 6 grammies, you leave her alone.

I love Adele.. It's just a play on words... :P

I love Adele.. It's just a play on words... :P

Yeah but its calling her fat :L

• Advertisement

Yeah but its calling her fat :L

Jesus, lads thanks for making me feel bad.. :L

imagesA-dell.png