Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup statements/possible case

Options
  • 03-04-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys. Some of you may remember I posted a thread here recently talking about some of the stuff that has been going on in my job for the past year.

Anyway. Since then, I have spoken to a person I work with. This person had the same things happening to them, without me knowing. My manager assaulted me, and it turns out the manager assaulted this person the very next day, in the same area, which just so happens to be a blind spot in the store. This person is taking a case against them and has advised me to do the same. I have a solicitor's number, who I will be calling in the next day or two.

Thing is, this person is willing to back up my claims with statements about what happened to them, and has asked me to do the same. I am willing to do it whatever the consequences, but what I need to know is - can my job fire me for backing up her statements or testifying on her behalf?

Advertisement