Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tesco coming to Swords R125

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

There is a planning notice on the R125 Roundabout (directly opposite Tesco) for a Petrol/Diesel station/shop/off licence/drive thru.

I read last week that Joe Duffy Motors bought 10 acres in Airside for expansion of their car dealerships. I not too sure where that 10 acres is located.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

mickmmc wrote: »
    There is a planning notice on the R125 Roundabout (directly opposite Tesco) for a Petrol/Diesel station/shop/off licence/drive thru.

I read last week that Joe Duffy Motors bought 10 acres in Airside for expansion of their car dealerships. I not too sure where that 10 acres is located.

Those lands were residential that were rezoned. They were part of the Holywell development.

The planning proposed a link between airside and the southern Holywell estate with a Petrol station on that corner, similar to the Applegreen in montgorry it would seem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I saw a poster in the Spar in Holywell about gathering planning objections to the petrol station (the date is now past though).

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭sidcon

yannakis wrote: »

I can't see a desicion on that yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

BKWDR wrote: »
    Those lands were residential that were rezoned. They were part of the Holywell development.

The planning proposed a link between airside and the southern Holywell estate with a Petrol station on that corner, similar to the Applegreen in montgorry it would seem.

Oh yeah. I wonder if the rezoning from residential was related to the new runway and the associated increase in noise levels that must surely be coming that way.

Oh yeah. I wonder if the rezoning from residential was related to the new runway and the associated increase in noise levels that must surely be coming that way.

I don't think so, plenty of new development in the vicinity along that stretch, kinsealy etc

I think it makes sense as it is so close to airside retail to be fair

sidcon wrote: »
    I can't see a desicion on that yet??

You're right, my bad. Saw Application Type: Permission and rushed to post :pac:

You're right, my bad. Saw Application Type: Permission and rushed to post :pac:

I see the garage got refused
    http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F17A/0393

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Camile Thai and McCabes pharmacy opening at the Airside SC alongside Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

When did the eurospar close?

Where exactly is this new Tesco in Malahide?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Where exactly is this new Tesco in Malahide?

Where the spar was beside the marina

That appeal decision is due soon...also the petrol station at the other side at the back of holywell got permission recently

That appeal decision is due soon...also the petrol station at the other side at the back of holywell got permission recently

Didn't see any permission granted for a new petrol station in holywell care to link?

Didn't see any permission granted for a new petrol station in holywell care to link?

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F17A/0708

I see its been appealed to ABP so it will be there for a couple months i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F17A/0708

I see its been appealed to ABP so it will be there for a couple months i would say
    Appealed by Applegreen I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭LukFwd

Any update on what is being built at the site? The new road layout is well underway.

LukFwd wrote: »
    Any update on what is being built at the site? The new road layout is well underway.

Planning wasnt given for any development only granted for the new roundabout and layout of the road. I would imagine that once the road is in they will look to lodge PP for the garage again or something. The land wont go unused

The other site at the kinsealy side to which the above planning ref refers, its a small site, dunno what would go there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

There was an article on the news about PP being sought for a private 40 bed hospital somewhere there but as yet no application that I can see.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/plans-for-new-50m-hospital-in-north-dublin-to-be-lodged-1.3964194?mode=amp

Spook_ie wrote: »
    There was an article on the news about PP being sought for a private 40 bed hospital somewhere there but as yet no application that I can see.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/plans-for-new-50m-hospital-in-north-dublin-to-be-lodged-1.3964194?mode=amp

Down further towards the space between tesco Ryanair. AFAIK the planning went in

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

its a new medical complex, the VHI swiftcare clinic from airside is moving into it

bm_1212 wrote: »
    its a new medical complex, the VHI swiftcare clinic from airside is moving into it

Im not 100% so not saying that's not correct but afaik there is a private medical company was moving in and it seemed to be a care facility but havent heard about VHI moving into it.
    I saw details online a few weeks ago re: the planning permission but the company was a foreign company that didnt appear to be linked to VHI,

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No I read it there today and it's not VHI.

It's meant to be linked to the whole Slainte care idea, and to take private and public patients. The idea is to relieve pressure on the A&E in Beaumont, and to take daycases in certain areas. Honestly I assume you will just have to pay for it, but we can live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭gandalfio

shesty wrote: »
    No I read it there today and it's not VHI.

It's meant to be linked to the whole Slainte care idea, and to take private and public patients. The idea is to relieve pressure on the A&E in Beaumont, and to take daycases in certain areas. Honestly I assume you will just have to pay for it, but we can live in hope.

Could it be a primary care centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

the doctor and nurse in Swiftcare clinic said they were moving to that site and a new healthcare faciltiy when I was up there 2 weeks ago getting stitches...

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

gandalfio wrote: »
    Could it be a primary care centre?
    From what I know it is one of the primary care centers that were promised a few years ago.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes I think that's the idea - a primary care centre.
    No idea what the VHI crowd are talking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Down further towards the space between tesco Ryanair. AFAIK the planning went in

The planning reference number is F19 A/ 0402

Not possible to view online yet , not scanned onto the Fingal planning section, maybe it will be possible to view it shortly.

Traffic is already crazy in that area as it is, with this 8th storey hospital planned, the car parking for staff, customers and visitors I think its in the total wrong location.

Advertisement