Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL German Oral...aargh?

• 03-04-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I only do one class of german a week and can get a solid B / potential A on the written...but we've barely done any work on the oral.

I'm currently learning the pictures/role plays, which I don't think are too bad, but the conversation is worrying me...does it have to be somewhat schmancy language, or will the "Ich muss drei Stunde jeden Tag Hausaufgaben machen" sort of stuff work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

You just need to be able to communicate effectively and somewhat fluently, fancy language isn't really necessary. Just be able to converse, get the word order, pronunciation, etc right.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭IloveConverse

I only do one class of german a week and can get a solid B / potential A on the written...but we've barely done any work on the oral.

I'm currently learning the pictures/role plays, which I don't think are too bad, but the conversation is worrying me...does it have to be somewhat schmancy language, or will the "Ich muss drei Stunde jeden Tag Hausaufgaben machen" sort of stuff work?

With one class per week you seem to be doing very well.

-Remember TMP during conversation.
    -Very careful with plurals (Stunden)

-Clear to the point language is the way to go; no point in struggling to say what you can't. Remember nice sentence starters such as Zum Glueck/Endlich/Ehrlich gesagt/Deshalb usw.
    -Add in sayings after sentenes where appropriate such as 'Übung macht den Meister'
    -Listen to German-radio and think of possible replies to what's being said
    -Chief Examiner's Reports will guide you in the right direction

Viel Erfolg! :D

Advertisement