Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank over-draft repayments

Options
  • 03-04-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Up to 4 years ago i was in a partnership/company where we had a joint bank a/c .This a/c had an overdraft of 6000,anyway in mid 2008 i left this partnership to take up direct employment.The overdraft was clear and i had taken for granted that the a/c was closed.It wasnt and my ex partner kept trading using this a/c.To cut a long story short i received a letter telling me i had an option of trying to clear overdraft monthly,settle with a lump sum or have debt collector calling to my house.I cannot contact ex partner as of yet.What can i do ?? To say im in dire straits at the moment would be an understatement. Has anybody here advice as to how to resolve this? Thanks

Comments

Was/Is it a Ltd company?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭ganger

thanks for replying ,No it was'nt,

Who was the letter from? The bank?
    Where were they posting the statements etc (new cheque books etc etc) for the last 4 years?

The letter came from the insolvency and debt recovery section,the cheque books and statements were posted to the partners address.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Was/Is it a Ltd company?
    I should have added that we were both sole traders with a joint bank a/c

• Advertisement
Advertisement