Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CWO manager/supervisor

Options
  • 03-04-2012 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

How do I find out who to complain to about a CWO at the Kilbarrack office ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

check out this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055770954

they really do behave like they are gods some times when all you want is a grown up conversation as you have fallen on hard times

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Here http://www.healthcomplaints.ie/

and here http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/ysys/

If i may point posters in the direction of items 5 and 5a in the forum charter thanks.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055070569

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

probably depends on what you want to complain about. anything in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭kingofslaves

The CWO said I wouldn't get disabilty as I'm 'not sick enough' and said if I am refused I'm not allowed to appeal and she'll make sure I go on JSA or FAS course. She also wants a medical report from my rheumatologist (sp?) when I go to see him on the 13th April. She then wants and update of my medical condition every month.

I can't see how she can say this or demand these ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

After being referred to the HSE website the community welfare officer's are now part of the dept of social protection. Complaints should be directed here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/ContactUs/Pages/commentorcomplaint.aspx

Apologies for any confusion caused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

kingofslaves

of course its everyones right to appeal and she cant stop it. however if you are looking for a payment from her she is entitled to know the condition and request monthly information if so needed. remember any information requested that is not received can stop a payment - failure to provide the information requested.

hope this helps

thanks for your reply maryk123, I sent a long email stating the course of events today to the welfare complaints dept in Sligo last night. Got a reply today saying they will respond within 15 days. I got my first welfare payment today, but it was only for 6 days. She came to see me on the 26th march and said it would be backdated to when I went to see her (about 6th march) the payment today was for 30th march to 6th April, but there's another payment waiting for me tomorrow for the same amount. But surely this is my normal weekly payment ? is it paid in advance or arrears ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

its paid in arrears so you probably are getting the correct amounts and the welfare only pay you for six days anyway as sunday is not included

Here's the reply I got today in response to my complaint. Just goes to show that if you're not happy with the service you get you should complain. If anyone else has problems with the CWO at kilbarrack, I suggest you complain !

Quote:
    Let me start by stating that I regret any upset that you felt during your interaction with the Community Welfare Service on this occasion. Our hope is that service users will find it to be a positive experience. I have asked the CWO concerned to outline, from her perspective, how she felt her service interaction with you went, having outlined your experience with her.

In her reply to me, she stated that she did a home visit and was satisfied that your application was as stated and based on this made a decision to put you into payment of Basic Supplementary Welfare Allowance. She also states that she did advise you that you may not qualify for Disability Allowance because in her experience, a high number of applicants do not qualify on medical grounds. While she in no way would have wanted to upset or demoralise you she did want you to be aware that qualifying for Disability Allowance is difficult.

I'm told that issues in relation to your payment have been dealt with and that all arrears have been paid.

Again may I say, that I regret any upset you experienced during your interaction with the service on this occasion. It is my intention that we will all learn from this and hopefully improve into the future. Thanks again for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention.

Unquote

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

@ Kingofslaves. You cannot & should not name a public servant in a public forum. You are leaving yourself wide open to legal action. Please edit your post.

• Advertisement

@ Kingofslaves. You cannot & should not name a public servant in a public forum. You are leaving yourself wide open to legal action. Please edit your post.

Sorry, only saw the name of the person who replied to me, note to self: check posts for names ! Thanks for bringing that to my attention Kristopherus

Advertisement