Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plagiarism software?

Options
  • 03-04-2012 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all. All colleges now have software to check assessments, thesis and so on. Students don't get a users d software its only available to the lectures. I cant find any software that will do this for myself so, has anyone come across this software so that student can use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Prettyfireworks

Turnitin is one of the main ones used by colleges. Some college even let the students access it before the final submission date to allow them to see for themselves what % of plagurism is being detected. Maybe look into turn it in and see if you can get an individual subscription to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fries

yorkie727 wrote: »
    Hi all. All colleges now have software to check assessments, thesis and so on. Students don't get a users d software its only available to the lectures. I cant find any software that will do this for myself so, has anyone come across this software so that student can use?

They cannot detect custom-written papers that certain websites offer. I personally refused to submit my assignments through 'Turn It In' and explained to my Lecturers that I didn't want my name in a U.S database due to privacy concerns. 'Turn It In' is alleged to have some affiliation with the U.S government. My Lecturers fully understood my concern so I simply emailed it to them and requested that if they still wanted to check it, to kindly remove my name and other personal details before running it through any plagiarism detection software.

Advertisement