Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some good news.....Fight the good fight

Options
  • 03-04-2012 3:21pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd let people in on my story, which might help, somewhere along the line.

Nov 08, I bought a leather recliner from Harvey Norman in Cork. It was leather facing, not all leather, but fairly expensive at €600.About 16/17 months on, I noticed a strip of PVC, which connects the side of the chair (PVC), and the arm (leather) was perishing, for want of a better word, going hard, cracking and falling off. The leather side of this join was, and still is, perfect.
    I wasn't really sure what to do, so a couple of months later went into HN and spoke to a manager there. Got his email address and sent in photos. nothing for months, then the recliner cable snapped on New Years 2010. On again to HN, and they sent a repair company out. He fixed the cable, but said he was unable to fix the upholstery. I rand HN again weeks later, when I heard nothing back, and THEY said that the engineer had said it was wear and tear, which he had never said to me.
    Anyway, after one more call to HN, and being fobbed off again for months, I filled out my SCC form about 3 weeks ago, and got the confirmation of case going forward last Thursday.
    Today I get a phone call from HN wondering if I ever got a voicemail from him "some time ago" where he said they were replacing the chair.......I asked him if he honestly thought I would be contacting the SCC if I had got that offer:confused:

Anyway, long and short of it , they will have the replacement in the next 2 weeks, its a better model, they will deliver the new one and take away the old one.

Result!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

well done. Perseverance is key in a lot of these cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

sorry for digging up old thread but also wanted to say well done mate

wouldnt take it that kind of guff from anyone least of all harvey norman

they are the lowest of the low

oh and dont get me started on that phantom voicemail hehe got a laugh out of that after similar type issue last year with trying to return computer

gangsters.... AVOID

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm still waiting on the bloody seat to be delivered!!! They are waiting on it from the supplier apparently, and it should be in next week. SCC case is staying open until its delivered......:mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ok, it took some time, but new recliner was delivered last week!!!:D
    They took away the old one as well, so I must go and cancel the SCC now.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Good idea to scrutinise a product for planned failure . I always do where possible .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

We also Had issues with Harvey Norman,

Paid a little extra for a bed because i was told it was in stock so they could deliver faster then the other place that had it for cheaper,

They turned up with half the order and no sign of the bed i needed, they then tried to charge me again for a separate delivery, well over a week later after me trying to get onto them all week because they had sold me an out of stock model :mad: in the end i had to go collect it from their warehouse about an hours drive away myself because "it was delivered to the wrong place"

we will never deal with them again.

Advertisement