Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

layer after layer of bureaucracy

• 03-04-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭

anyone else had the fun of having to return there Nitrates records to three different divisions of Authority. What's more each section has their own format so you cant just photocopy all the forms. Seemly the Nitrates Section in Johnstown Castle dont share information with the Nitrates Records Section in Portlaoise and neither of the above are willing to share their information with the County councils. I have to get three copies of all purchased dockets, and also three copies of movement forms. So not only is my time wasted but also three different people have to inspect my records to see if they are acceptable. And to those that say that savings cant be made in the Civil Service .... yeah right

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

I've said it before and i'll say it again

The self employed in this country are working their asses off to keep overpaid civil servants in their cushy overpaid jobs with ridiculous pensions

how long more are we going to stand for it?

I mean this type of crap is just typical - a bulls##t rule in the first place which needs 3 people in 3 different locations to monitor it. Its an absolute joke. Ireland, and the EU in general, is rapidly becoming a joke to do business in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Tipp Man wrote: »

The self employed in this country are working their asses off to keep overpaid civil servants in their cushy overpaid jobs with ridiculous pensions

I mean this type of crap is just typical - a bulls##t rule in the first place which needs 3 people in 3 different locations to monitor it. Its an absolute joke. Ireland, and the EU in general, is rapidly becoming a joke to do business in

The IMF lads would want to have a look at this carry on alright and its replicated all over the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

haybob wrote: »
    The IMF lads would want to have a look at this carry on alright and its replicated all over the system

Your right - its an epidemic throughout the whole Public sector - which is part of the reason there are so many bloody quangos

The problem is there is no central thinking and nobody is responsible for anything. There is nobody who has a big picture of what the public sector is doing across different departments, different sections of departments and between different desks in the same departments. It's this complete lack of oversight and responsibility that has the public sector in a mess - and it is a right mess. This carry on about reform is a complete joke. The public sector got massive increases with the benchmarking and we got f##k all reform for it - one of the greatest wastes of money ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 dontom

Its not a joke, yours are joke, cause you are not doing anything against it...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Have to agree Bob, we are putting up with crap from 3 different levels; local, national and European. Way too many cocos in this country, and no sign of any of them being laid off. I hear today where a certaincretin minister owes 4k in back taxes on his house in Portugal.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056593142

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

three different divisions of Authority.
    The IMF lads would want to have a look at this carry on alright

Then we'd have 4 crowds look at it!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

well im after spending a few hours away from paper work, so had time to cool off but its only worse I have gotten about all this Bull****. I will send the minister a letter outlining such ridiculous practices and I know its not going to change the system but its the most as a farmer I can do really.

I could tell the Nitrates Records section to piss off as the info is already with the Nitrates section somewhere else but they used there usually mild threating speak that I would be likely to recieve plenty of more inspections if I dont do things there way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

well im after spending a few hours away from paper work, so had time to cool off but its only worse I have gotten about all this Bull****. I will send the minister a letter outlining such ridiculous practices and I know its not going to change the system but its the most as a farmer I can do really.

I could tell the Nitrates Records section to piss off as the info is already with the Nitrates section somewhere else but they used there usually mild threating speak that I would be likely to recieve plenty of more inspections if I dont do things there way.
    Surely this is one for the IFA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

just do it wrote: »
    Surely this is one for the IFA
    the irish fools association :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Good luck with that Bob!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

blue5000 wrote: »
    Have to agree Bob, we are putting up with crap from 3 different levels; local, national and European. Way too many cocos in this country, and no sign of any of them being laid off. I hear today where a certaincretin minister owes 4k in back taxes on his house in Portugal.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056593142

+1 bob that is ridiculous

Typical of crooked government with that dude dodging 4k practice what they preach maybe!! The likes of Oliver Callinally ( dude claiming he lived in cork and claimed mileage- he'd have got jail in any proper country)

Banks and government combined are applying lashings of Vaseline and taking us for a spin still, different bank charge either bank or gov. Stamp duty every single time I look at my statement and Dirt tax 23- 25- 27-- 30% now, Enda kept that one quiet .. Daylight robbery! They should wear masks like the other robbers

I reckon we should take to the streets !! :-)

Bodacious wrote: »
    Oliver Callinally

Ivor Callely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

johngalway wrote: »
    Bodacious wrote: »
    Oliver Callinally

Ivor Callely ;)

Cheers John, that's the dirt bag anyway . I knew I had the name kind of wrong that's why I put in the brackets what he'd done but I had not even first or surname correct!

The other fella was likely up to no good as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Send to the minister if you want, but make sure to CC, AJ Chopra of the IMF. These are the boys that need to know, that the Croke Park agreement, is nothing more than a cover to keep the core Labour voters happy.
    This is the man to read your letter http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/07/12/we-are-literally-putting-years-on-ajai-chopra/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭rancher

Tipp Man wrote: »

Go easy there, a lot of farms depending on civil servants to survive, they'll be quite safe, as a nation irish people haven't the bottle or are too lazy to take a stand on any issue and I am certainly not going to upset the status quo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Exactly why paying the household tax is throwing good money after bad, Pissing against the wind if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭99nsr125

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q54H-oXxkT8

"Load it up with sh1te, it can take all night and can still go wrong"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Unfortunately it is oh so true:(

Advertisement