Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deleting app documents

• 03-04-2012 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a number of apps, such as Flipboard and MobileRSS that are storing data on my phone on top of the space that the app itself is taking up.

I used to be able to go into settings and delete the documents associated with a given app, but that feature seems to be missing since iOS 5.1 upgrade.

Has anyone else noticed this, and found a way around it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Go to Settings > General > Usage > (App name) and tap Delete App. This will delete the app and all the data associated with it. If you want the app back (minus the document data) just reinstall it.

Otherwise just delete the documents from within the app itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Hi, thanks.

Yeah, I thought of deleting the app, but that seems like a nuclear approach. I'm fairly certain you could delete teh app data and documents in ealier iOS versions without having to delete the app. Flipboard in particular seems to be growing daily. At least with MobileRSS you can go into the app and delete cached images, but that option isn't there with Flipboard or Facebook.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, you used to be able to delete the app data without deleting the app itself, but Apple dropped it in a recent update.

There's really no need for it anymore as Apple have implemented very strict rules about how much temporary space third party apps can take up on the device. The OS will automatically delete/clean out this data when it starts to run low on space. So you don't need to worry about it.

Documents are a separate matter, but you can delete them yourself from within the app.

Advertisement