Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There are downsides to looking this pretty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I am so much hotter than her!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭marty1985

An individual’s self-delusion is nothing compared with boardsies' collective spite and collective bile. Good job guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

marty1985 wrote: »
    An individual’s self-delusion is nothing compared with boardsies' collective spite and collective bile. Good job guys.

We like to call it 'spile.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Just a reaction to a big-head.

For what its worth I think she is defo doable, but to be honest with my low standards that's not really a complement.

mrs crilly wrote: »

I was actually thinking to myself, jeeze, even I'm better looking than her. But noone has ever sent champagne my way so maybe it is I who is deluded :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I’m not smug and I’m no flirt, yet over the years I’ve been dropped by countless friends who felt threatened if I was merely in the presence of their other halves. If their partners dared to actually talk to me, a sudden chill would descend on the room.

With such attractive features and awe-inspiring writing, she should write for the Sunday Independent. "a constant wind blew abruptly" indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Unavailable for Comment

But noone has ever sent champagne my way so maybe it is I who is deluded :D

Yeah but judging by her crooked nose, the champagne was sent her way at full force!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Sounds like people just don't like her, can't be her looks.
    Well when people are up their own arse it does usually mean people have a dislike for them.
    frag420 wrote: »
    I shall however state an obvious one..................A fookin sniper wouldnt take her out. Christ I would rather chew my own ankles than take her out.

frAg

Love it :)

It just sounds like attention seeker, who is she apart from septic?
    Genuine question btw, I had no clue she ever existed til now,
    shes ok looking, but to be fair there are some gorgeous girls out there. She aint one of them

I was actually thinking to myself, jeeze, even I'm better looking than her. But noone has ever sent champagne my way so maybe it is I who is deluded :D

Good point!!!

But we are still rides :D

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »
    I shall however state an obvious one..................A fookin sniper wouldnt take her out.

She would fall into a barrel of mickeys and still come up sucking her thumb :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

My hairy, wrinkly scrotum is better looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'd lob it into her brown if I was hard up.

But we are still rides :D

Oh hell yeh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

she has a face like my arse on a monday morning after a heavy weekend eating curries and drinking 18 pints of Guinness. What a horrible cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Who the hell is she? I mean, is she just a crackpot Joe Soap or is she a Z lister? Seems strange that a MOTP would go to the paper coz she's deluded herself into thinking she's pretty. Had to check to make sure this wasnt April 1 again.

EDIT: I see now she is a journalist. Crackpot joe soap it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Daz wouldn't shift her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Wtf lads??? Some of you saying "she's not ugly but not good looking"..

She's a chronic looking creature that I'd feel sorry for if she walked by me :pac:

Maybe that's why she gets all the free stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Article is a couple of days late for April Fools, no?

She's not that nice, and those teeth - she could eat an apple through a letterbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

She seems deluded.

She'd be 1000% more attractive if she hadn't written that article and wasn't so in love with herself.

Do check out her website http://www.samanthabrick.com/ for more Samantha Brick related loveliness. She's married to a french artisan carpenter don't you know.

Interesting way to get through life though - "people don't like me because I'm so super brilliant".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

• Advertisement

deccurley wrote: »
    Daz wouldn't shift her

She wouldn't get a date off a calendar.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

She seems deluded.

She'd be 1000% more attractive if she hadn't written that article and wasn't so in love with herself.

Do check out her website http://www.samanthabrick.com/ for more Samantha Brick related loveliness. She's married to a french artisan carpenter don't you know.

Interesting way to get through life though - "people don't like me because I'm so super brilliant".

All top notch publications associated with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

She's 40:eek:

She's a ride, all of a sudden she is a milf.

She does nothing for me at all. Maybe she's taking the piss and is the U.K. equivalent of Brendan Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

That's just what that writer suggests (it was a prank)....there's no proof though.

It really is hard to believe alright though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Shes a face like a melted bucket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

God love her, she wouldn't get a ride in Funderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Actually when I started reading the article I really understood her point of view. I could relate to all the attention that being incredibly good looking brings.
    lol

But while she's obviously nowhere near as unsightly as some are claiming, and she's quite pretty in some pics, she really is not very beautiful IMO. The stuff she says can't be serious surely! It would be obnoxious and staggering even if she were stunning! If that's really how she is though, then yeah, she's an ugly person indeed...

2ndcoming wrote: »
    God love her, she wouldn't get a ride in Funderland.

She wouldnt get a wave off the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If she is happy to feel this confident about herself then good luck to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

The DM blatantly trolls and people lap it on up.

The problem with people who believe they are beautiful is that every off comment can be brushed off as jealousy. There'd be no getting through to them so sure just leave them to it! :)

hondasam wrote: »
    If she is happy to feel this confident about herself then good luck to her.
    Obligatory going against the grain post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I think we need to see her tits and gash before making a firm judgement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I wonder is this woman in anyway related to Alison O Riordain ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

She has the smile of a stroke victim. It's half paralysed looking!

Dudess wrote: »

I don't thinks she is drop dead gorgeous, I don't think she is pig ugly either.
    She is confident for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Is it confidence or arrogance I wonder?

Madam wrote: »

Bit of both probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Madam wrote: »

Theres sometimes a fine line between the two

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    I don't thinks she is drop dead gorgeous, I don't think she is pig ugly either.
    She is confident for sure.
    I don't think she's remotely ugly, but while some of the reactions here are way OTT about how "monstrous" she looks (she doesn't) it's true that she's deluded and extremely up her own arse - and I can understand people objecting to that attitude. Plus, going on about how awful it is to get attention for her apparent gorgeousness... That's not the same as being confident and happy with yourself. It actually seems kinda insecure tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Recently while out running a teenage girl with a group of friends shouted "HEY YOU!" at me.

Not wanting to break my stride or respond to such a rude attempt to get my attention, I carried on, whereupon I was met with a cry of "MUPPET!"

Until now, I thought they were just typical rambunctious teens, but I can see that they were simply turned on by my flailing arms, gangly legs and the sweatpatch on my back, and so, frustrated at my being clearly out of their league, they lashed out at me.

what a load of deluded insecure sh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

4115 comments on that article.. seemingly all from angry women!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

she's absolutely average for her age.

I'd still dart the brown star off her tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Has to be a piss take surely?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

She's alright like. I wouldn't be sending her champagne, maybe some Lambrini.

Hard work: Samantha takes pride in her appearance. She works out - even when she doesn't feel like it - she doesn't drink, she doesn't smoke... and rarely does she succumb to chocolate

Who actually reads this sh*t?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

That is one average looking woman. I don't really know what's going on with that story. Fair enough if she's happy with herself, but she is clearly deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

shes actually plain to ugly in my opinion!Really think hope this is a gag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....having witnessed women being persecuted for their looks (though it took a long time to dawn on me what was going on) I'd suggest her problem lies elsewhere.

I don't think she's remotely ugly, but while some of the reactions here are way OTT about how "monstrous" she looks (she doesn't) it's true that she's deluded and extremely up her own arse - and I can understand people objecting to that attitude. Plus, going on about how awful it is to get attention for her apparent gorgeousness... That's not the same as being confident and happy with yourself. It actually seems kinda insecure tbh.

She does not come across as insecure to me tbh, She probably had courses in self confidence and how to believe in yourself. I think she believes it, that does not mean everyone else has too.
    She probably looks in the mirror ever morning and repeats ''I am beautiful'' over and over again until she believes it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement