Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There are downsides to looking this pretty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

phasers wrote: »
    I'd like to chew on her toffee

You'll have to get through her husband first :P

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/03/article-2124782-1274D932000005DC-584_634x881.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

kojack wrote: »
    I'm no oil painting myself, but she has a face like a chewed toffee

She has a face like an oil painting. A picasso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2124782/Samantha-Brick-says-backlash-bile-yesterdays-Daily-Mail-proves-shes-right.html

Wow she's written a follow up, why does she feel the need to include so many pictures of herself in this one, she truly does love herself :rolleyes:.

Oh God she hasn't has she?

The comparisons to Victoria Beckham was laughable. She's so self-deluded its untrue.

The sad thing is though given that the British media have no ethics or standards at all, this will be the making of her for being a tabloid journalist. I could see her becoming the next Julie Burchill from all of this. Getting highly paid just to be notorious, arrogant, well just to keep doing what she's doing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Can anyone explain the last photo in the follow up article, where her hubby is dressed in all camo(ruined it for me btw) with a gun, are they trying to same something?
    Are they just morons or just crave a little attention?

What a load of donkey kong

if it hasnt been said already....blast them with piss.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

She is frigging delusional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    Wow she's written a follow up

"This bile just proves I'm right"

OMFG.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Bit of a paper bag job imo

Also, Samantha Brick? lol

As she married a Brick, does that make her a half Brick?
    If she has children will they be Briquettes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I was on a train once and two twenty-something women were talking movies.
    The very serious conversation went like this....

"Have you seen No Strings Attached?"
    "Yeah, I hated it"
    "Why? I liked it?"
    "Natalie Portman is just too good looking in it"

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

I think this calls for some Flight of the Conchords

• Advertisement

foxyboxer wrote: »

"Yeah, I hated it"
    "Why? I liked it?"

Difference being natalie portman is actually gorgeous

booboo88 wrote: »
    Difference being natalie portman is actually gorgeous

But actively disliking a movie purely based on the female lead who is supposed to be a looker is just nuts.

But actively disliking a movie purely based on the female lead who is supposed to be a looker is just nuts.

Agreed, If every time there was a gorgeous woman involved Id never leave me bloody house
    It might be though, a boyfriend of hers kept drooling over her, an ex of mine did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Not one bit of an oil painting myself but the head on her and the price of turnips to be saying that:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Can anyone explain the last photo in the follow up article, where her hubby is dressed in all camo(ruined it for me btw) with a gun, are they trying to same something?
    Are they just morons or just crave a little attention?

The camo outfit proves this is most definitely a piss take, he should really have worn a cop outfit to go with the moustache and sang YMCA.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I'm just waiting for her to say "Haha! Gotcha!"

I mean, the photographs....cuddling her doggy, the hubby dressed like something outta Predator. Can't be real surely?!

Oh, it's real alright. She has written before on her husband.

He is probably charming, though.

I'm just waiting for her to say "Haha! Gotcha!"

I mean, the photographs....cuddling her doggy, the hubby dressed like something outta Predator. Can't be real surely?!

I was thinking action man wannabe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I was thinking action man wannabe?

Well whatever it is, the photo seems to be saying "Stop making bitchy comments about me or my big bad mean husband will sort you out!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Professional troll.

And her husband looks like a freedom fighter in the eastern bloc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124843/Blackout-parties-Inside-massive-drink-fueled-raves-attract-students-US.html

DRINK fuelled raves?

I love my beer and do down a fair few when getting on the yokes at raves (you have to to compliment- as here in Australia the yips are about as strong as getting a kick in the balls from a daddy longlegs, and you pay around 20 euro a pop for the priviledge), but for the Daily Mail to highlight a legal drug being binged on at raves, rather than Evil E, they are really losing their bite.

I think the attention this has intentionally brought particularly from the 'Celebrites' corner, will only further fuel her delusions.

The article is trying to propose a valid argument. "Is being attractive a double-edged sword in Life?", it's a pity they chose someone with delusions of grandeur to do a hack job on it.

The Mail will get plenty of mileage out of this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

kfallon wrote: »
    You'd give her one in the jax after a few drinks but that's about it!

The word 'deluded' springs to mind!

I wouldn't even do that, she's well below average if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Originally posted by Samantha Brick
    Their level of anger only underlines that no one in this world is more reviled than a pretty woman.

I hope all the Tutsis in Rwanda read this and realise how good they've had it by comparison.

Well whatever it is, the photo seems to be saying "Stop making bitchy comments about me or my big bad mean husband will sort you out!"

I cant decide which is more pathetic, herself thinking shes only gorgeous or him thinking he's action man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Her looks certainly don't warrant the inflated self-opinion but theres still something unsettling about the level of hate shes getting. She hasnt come on and said she mutilates small babies for kicks! What kind of person reads this stuff, starts fuming from the ears and has to get on Twitter / email to tell her personally what a fúcking ugly dog she is!
    Humanity saddens me on a daily basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Could write a book, "The Hot Delusion" - by Richard Dawkins.

Originally posted by Samantha Brick
    Until this week I never really understood the term 'Trolling' — used to describe when anonymous people viciously attack others on the internet. Now I do!

Of course you understand it now: you obviously had to research it before you practised it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Why is everybody still taking this as a serious thing? :confused: she works for the daily mail! (i said this pages back)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I wouldn't even do that, she's well below average if you ask me.

I think in all truth for a bird in her 40s she keeps herself well. Alot of even naturally good looking women just give up bothering at that point. And maybe people are over playing it in terms of how apparently awful looking she is.

However the article itself and her self perception are utter bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

"Yeah, I hated it"
    "Why? I liked it?"

I think you're taking that conversation too seriously. That's just banter and I've said it myself a few times...pretended to be grumpy about it, "She's too bleedin' good looking if you ask me" or something like that. I don't know any woman who'd be genuinely envious of a super-famous woman. They're too far removed to make a genuine comparison against...not in our realm. Like comparing your intelligence against Einstein or something. The real cattiness goes on at street level.

It's the women who say things like, "She's not THAT good-looking" about an obviously stunning woman that you have to watch for.

Edit: I'm strangely attracted to her husband....I'd say his willy is massive. Must have something going for him.

Why is everybody still taking this as a serious thing? :confused: she works for the daily mail! (i said this pages back)

I actually think she herself is completely deluded and believes everything she says. Her editor probably doesn't but knows how much of a reaction her stories will get, so quite cynically publishes them.

I actually think this isn't a million miles away from exploitation of the mentally ill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,391 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A stunningly average looking middle aged g** bag, I could pick out 50 better looking school run mummies with no make up and frocks any day driving to work.

I know its their money, but if men really can't help acting on 'impulse' around her, they should either raise their standards, quit the booze, or head to specsavers.

Her husband looks like several of the bare knuckle boxing participants recently profiled on TV

Although it occurs to me, this may be a society thing in London or Paris, she'd get the corners knocked off her fairly lively in Dublin!

She is definitely above average, but that doesn't mean her story is true i.e. in a group of ten women she would be better looking on average than most, particularly at 40+, but not the top, probably not in the top 2-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Edit: I'm strangely attracted to her husband....I'd say his willy is massive. Must have something going for him.

If he had a massive cock he'd have a beard and not a mustache.

*strokes beard*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It was an April Fools. Anyone with any sense knows that April 3rd is now the real day to run an April Fool's joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

She's certainly egotistical, but there are worse things to be. All the negative commentary is only going to reinforce her original perception that she's an object of extreme jealousy.

Its sad that if she absolutely hated herself, she'd blend right into the populace.

I think the woman is attractive, although averagely so. I think her self regard is out of proportion to that. Its not a hanging offence.

I don't think she should be destroyed for getting it wrong.

Giselle wrote: »

She should be taken down a peg or 2 though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Julia London

She is slim and blonde therefore she is attractive, like Billy Crystal said, its not a matter of opinion!. However she has not got unordinary beauty like someone like Angelina Jolie (in Tomb raider days). Id imagine she was more attractive in her younger days. She certainly has a nice clasy look about her I think. bit like a posh tart who is filthy in bed. And id imagine thats what the men sniff out when they approach her.

She is slim and blonde therefore she is attractive, like Billy Crystal said, its not a matter of opinion!. However she has not got unordinary beauty like someone like Angelina Jolie (in Tomb raider days). Id imagine she was more attractive in her younger days. She certainly has a nice clasy look about her I think. bit like a posh tart who is filthy in bed. And id imagine thats what the men sniff out when they approach her.

Hello Samantha!

smash wrote: »
    She should be taken down a peg or 2 though.

There's much more than that going on though.

She's being called stupid, deluded, retarded, extremely ugly, etc, etc. Its too vicious, she might very well be all those things but she's still a human being. The more its done to her, the more she's likely to paint herself in a corner as a form of self-protection, and that will open her up to more of the same.

In fairness, apart from the self perception, she does come across as unlikable.

She's being called stupid, deluded, retarded, extremely ugly, etc, etc. Its too vicious, she might very well be all those things but she's still a human being. The more its done to her, the more she's likely to paint herself in a corner as a form of self-protection, and that will open her up to more of the same.

In no sense is she upset. most likely these stories were both written beforehand. It's link bait. Even were she extremely hot it is link bait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Reminds me of that episode of The Sopranos where Paulie puts a bottle of krystal on Christopher's tab for a table of women.

Reminds me of that episode of The Sopranos where Paulie puts a bottle of krystal on Christopher's tab for a table of women.
    Or the time you choose your username.

• Advertisement

In the sense that this is nothing like that?

In no sense is she upset. most likely these stories were both written beforehand. It's link bait. Even were she extremely hot it is link bait.

I think taking the vitriolic comments and using them to reinforce her delusions make her very vulnerable, and while it may not be what we think of as 'upset', its definitely not healthy.

It might be link bait, but I don't think anyone could have foreseen the scale of the ridicule and the sheer viciousness of it.

We know one thing for certain: she's very naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

:D

My friend and I got given a bottle of Moet by a guy in a restaurant in Spain, Happened to me once in London as well many years ago.

Take the drink and enjoy it if you want. No need to make out it is such a flippin chore :D

I really don't think she is any more attractive than any of my friends.

Her opinion of herself stinks though :D:D:D

No, the backlash is uncalled for, but what was she thinking? She really needs to get her head out of her *rse. Plenty of women enjoy male attention - and don't feel the need to go to the papers about it.

She's probably been brought down that peg now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Someone said she should be bricked to death on twitter.
    I have no idea what goes on in some people's heads that makes them come out with something like that. She's an alright looking lass....there are plenty of them about. She has an extremely high opinion of herself which is honestly the most off putting trait she's got, but the tirade of abuse she received was unreal.
    I blame the editors giving her the platform and not giving a fcuk about the grief she's going to get. All they care about is money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

She's certainly egotistical, but there are worse things to be. All the negative commentary is only going to reinforce her original perception that she's an object of extreme jealousy.

She's delusional, that's what will reinforce it. She really isn't that particularly hot, she's pretty enough for her age, but not all that.

I've seen opinions like hers torn to shreds on Boards, no pictures or anything, so it isn't all about the comments on her looks. We've all met women like her, and indeed men, who really do think they are hot and they are delusional and obsessed about their looks.
    Its sad that if she absolutely hated herself, she'd blend right into the populace.

Nope, people generally like confident people and people who are relatively happy with how they look. Neither extreme is attractive.

I think the woman is attractive, although averagely so. I think her self regard is out of proportion to that. Its not a hanging offence.

Yep, except she writes about in the Mail!

Btw, I do see the other side, average looking girls knocking really attractive girls.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement