Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twitter as a tool for fantasy football.

• 03-04-2012 4:24pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys and gals,
    I'm new to twitter and I am sure there are plenty of people on here that use it as a fantasy football tool. I'm wondering what are the best twitter feeds for fantasy football players?

It'd be great to build a definitive list so we can then add it to the resources sticky.

I'm interested in twitter feeds that give team news, injuries, starting teams etc...basically all feeds that help keep ff players up to date on all happeneings that may influence team selection. They can be general or team specific.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

This is the only one that I use. It has updates with all the breaking news as it comes in. Most importantly they never post any speculation. There is always a reputable source. Well they do quote the Daily Fail a few times, but apart from that they are very good.

https://twitter.com/#!/FFScout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It can also be handy to follow players on your team or ones that you might be looking at getting in in a while.

Lescott, for example, has confirmed that he's fully fit and ready for selection at the weekend. He put that up 25 minutes ago. It could take hours for that to hit the mainstream media and it might save you a price rise or whatever.

EDIT: Now he seems to have a cold. I'll have to keep an eye on this one and see how it develops :P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Kompany was another great one for keeping people posted about his injury

Warning if you follow some footballers you'll have to put up with endless retweets from their dribbling followers and pictures of what they had for dinner

Advertisement