Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you've done that made you feel all warm and happy inside.

• 03-04-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

I was in McDonalds one day and had just ordered a big mac meal. I was standing there waiting and 2 little traveller fellas came up beside me, ordered a kids meal and had an argument about who was going to get the burger and who was going to get the fries. I said to the woman "make that 2 please" and handed her the money for the other meal. The 2 of them gave me such happy smiles it just made my day. They got their meals, sat down and tucked in and thanked me loudly on my way out.

So yeah AH, what are some random things you've done that just made you feel all warm and glowy:).

And don't say yore ma:rolleyes:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

A massive dump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I drank my own piss..it was warm, but it wasn't happy..:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I gave a child sweets and a lift home after he helped me look for my lost puppy.

He wasn't sure if he should but I persuaded him it would be fine, I think he deserves a reward for being so trusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Fapping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Orgasms and alcohol. Oh, and hugs & being soppy.
    I gave a child sweets and a lift home after he helped me look for my lost puppy.

Wait a second... is that Pedobear I see over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Nothing that I can remember really. Which is kind of sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ha ha sucker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

I shat myself on more than one occasion and that left me feeling warm in my pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

curlzy wrote: »
    I was in McDonalds one day and had just ordered a big mac meal. I was standing there waiting and 2 little traveller fellas came up beside me, ordered a kids meal and had an argument about who was going to get the burger and who was going to get the fries. I said to the woman "make that 2 please" and handed her the money for the other meal. The 2 of them gave me such happy smiles it just made my day. They got their meals, sat down and tucked in and thanked me loudly on my way out.

So yeah AH, what are some random things you've done that just made you feel all warm and glowy:).

And don't say yore ma:rolleyes:.
    They saw you coming boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ecstasy laced with capsaicin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I rubbed curry sauce on my hoop and deep heat on my stones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

So yeah AH, what are some random things you've done that just made you feel all warm and glowy:)..

Pissing yourself makes you feel warm, not too sure about the happy though.

Warm and glowy? Nope.... Not feeling it. Nice thread though OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

When I was in New York, I bought a homeless man a big Mac meal in McDonalds..............

When I was in New York, I bought a homeless man a big Mac meal in McDonalds..............

I gave $20 to a homeless lad in Chicago. Didn't make me feel warm or happy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I paid the household charge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Once, while walking to a friend's house at night, I came across a panicked cat with its entire head stuck inside an empty Mighty Munch pack.
    It couldn't get it off, and being unable to see, it was walking perilously close to a very busy main road.

So I risked bites and scratches to take the wrapper off its head, and it promptly ran off, away from the road.

I'm also glad it survived as I feel I can laugh without guilt at how funny it looked walking around with a crisp packet covering its entire head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I'm not sure if it necessarily fits into the same category, but when we won the county final two years ago, the look of awe and wonder on the local school children's faces when we visited the school with the cup and signed autographs is something I'll never forget. That and seeing grown men crying tears of joy after the final whistle went.

The GAA may cater for the big wigs at times, but there is no doubt the joy it brings to local communites. It's unlike anything else in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Drank a nagin of vodka straight years ago. Would just give me heartburn now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

See, isn't it lovely when we post about happy things instead of rage, rage, rage, sexism, sexism, sexism, recession, recession, recession? Not saying those aren't important too but I think sometimes we need to remember that humans do nice things too, like the cat in the crisp bag story, that was lovely:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I'm not sure if it necessarily fits into the same category, but when we won the county final two years ago, the look of awe and wonder on the local school children's faces when we visited the school with the cup and signed autographs is something I'll never forget. That and seeing grown men crying tears of joy after the final whistle went.

The GAA may cater for the big wigs at times, but there is no doubt the joy it brings to local communites. It's unlike anything else in the country.

Who were you playing for?

• Advertisement

See, isn't it lovely when we post about happy things instead of rage, rage, rage, sexism, sexism, sexism, recession, recession, recession? Not saying those aren't important too but I think sometimes we need to remember that humans do nice things too, like the cat in the crisp bag story, that was lovely:).

Yes even George Carlin, who raged quite a bit, acknowledged what brings everyone together:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Self-immolation:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I never won a cat in a bag of crisps :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

bought me mam a pottery jug. cheap in some little shop in town. for no reason really only it was nice and she would like it.

god i have a gripping life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Who were you playing for?

It's in my username. Wexford SFC champions 2010!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Not so long ago, I pulled into a busy petrol station, it was lashing out of the heavens and as I was coming back out of the shop, I spotted a woman in distress trying to change the Tyre on her car. Plenty of people around and not one person had approached her to see if she wanted a hand. I went over and told her to get into my car out of the rain and I changed the Tyre for her. I got soaked changing the Tyre but she was so grateful for me changing it, that was enough for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Not so long ago, I pulled into a busy petrol station, it was lashing out of the heavens and as I was coming back out of the shop, I spotted a woman in distress trying to change the Tyre on her car. Plenty of people around and not one person had approached her to see if she wanted a hand. I went over and told her to get into my car out of the rain and I changed the Tyre for her. I got soaked changing the Tyre but she was so grateful for me changing it, that was enough for me :)

Yeah but did you get the ride?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I work on a helpline for kids. I always get the same happy feeling when a child has started the call crying, and ends it feeling calm and a bit better in themselves. Best of all, is that I only have to listen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I thanked a post that really didn't deserve it.

But that is the type of guy I am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

token101 wrote: »
    Yeah but did you get the ride?

What do you think :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Made Reddy Brek ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Once, while walking to a friend's house at night, I came across a panicked cat with its entire head stuck inside an empty Mighty Munch pack.
    It couldn't get it off, and being unable to see, it was walking perilously close to a very busy main road.

So I risked bites and scratches to take the wrapper off its head, and it promptly ran off, away from the road.

I'm also glad it survived as I feel I can laugh without guilt at how funny it looked walking around with a crisp packet covering its entire head.
    My cats do that all the time, it feels a little evil but incredibly funny to watch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I punched two people in the moshpit at KoRn just because they blocked my view. They quickly moved. I felt good. *cracks knuckles*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

A few years ago I was at mass, the mass was for the sister of the lady sitting beside me. As the mass progressed the lady started to cry so I held her hand. She called me an angel and we have been buddies since then despite the 40 odd year age gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

McChubbin wrote: »
    I punched two people in the moshpit at KoRn just because they blocked my view. They quickly moved. I felt good. *cracks knuckles*

KoRn were so cool, bring 'em back and please someone do me a backward K.
    Plus I have issues with people blocking my view also. Sheldon Cooper-like quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

sleeping outside for the Simon community (sleep street) for the past couple of years , but doesnt make me feel warm but does make my hair fuzzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I rescued a sick pony yesterday, brought it to my vet to be treated and it's now in my warm stable munching away on hay. Looks like the little fella is going to make it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

EGAR wrote: »
    I rescued a sick pony yesterday, brought it to my vet to be treated and it's now in my warm stable munching away on hay. Looks like the little fella is going to make it. :)

Nay, Nay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

can't remember the last time I did something nice. I used to feel warm and fuzzy all the time but then I got old and cynical. Now the only time I feel warm and fuzzy is when I watch cute/sad animal videos on youtube. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Nay, Nay.

Yay neigh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I teach disadvantaged kids so get to do fun activities with them like art, assembly and cookery, give them stickers and prizes and all the mammy type stuff too when they're upset/ injured/ telling tales. Love my job :)

Other than my job I just try to do little good things on a daily basis, even like putting my change in the charity box in Tesco, offering up my seat on the bus or talking to the homeless dude with the bunny & dogs when I see him on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

McChubbin wrote: »

I got hit in the chin. You?!! :mad:

Ah, I'm 5 foot tall. Doubt it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

A few years ago, I joined a group of mercenaries to venture into war-torn Burma where we rescued a group of Christian aid workers who were kidnapped by the ruthless local infantry unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

If I go out for pizza or something and I leave some slices. I get them to takeaway and then a lot of the time I give them to a homeless person on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

A few years ago, I joined a group of mercenaries to venture into war-torn Burma where we rescued a group of Christian aid workers who were kidnapped by the ruthless local infantry unit.

Really?

Really?

Yeah, I saw the documentary about it.

Advertisement