Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Availability Checker

• 03-04-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey,

I was looking at the UPC availability checker for broadband and it says that my house can currently only get digital and digital+ tv. I was wondering if anyone knows whether this tool is accurate? We're just on the very edge of a green area on their upgrade map, which is also very outdated too. The last update on it was early 2011. Should I ring them? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The only way to know is to contact them. Even then, it sometimes seems like the people on the phone don't know much more.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you contact the UPC rep on here privately he might be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

In early March I asked on the Cable TV forum for someone from UPC to update the map but was met with total silence......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77502174

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

Thanks for the replies. Could someone direct me to where I can find the UPC rep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

skyflyer wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. Could someone direct me to where I can find the UPC rep?

UPC: Jason UPC:
    Verified representative
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=296435

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

paddyk wrote: »
    UPC: Jason UPC:
    Verified representative
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=296435
    Thanks!

Hopefully this will help. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Cork Wifi

the tool is not 100% accurate. easiest way to find out if you can get it or not is to borrows someones modem and plug it in at your house or somone close to you that has tv installed. If the modem syncs (DS US and Online lights stop blinking and go solid) then you have a reason to call them and ask for a tech to come out and verify. They can then update your area in the system to reflect tripple play. Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

For my address, all services come up as being available.
    But it seems that they can't supply 100Mb broadband, although I currently have 30Mb. Why would that be? What's the limit if I can already get 30Mb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Cork Wifi

docsis 2 will work up to 43MB docsis 3 is up to 4 times faster

Some areas are still not docsis 3 compliant

get a friends 100mb modem and check it at your home.

always check with cat5 cable not wireless.

Advertisement